The Alloa Athletic Thread

Liam Caddis any good lads? Will he cut it at the binos

Always got the feeling that his heart was never there. Ability wise I don't think he's very good especially considering he's played European football but league 2 is a bit of a jump from championship so may be OK.

Always got the feeling that his heart was never there. Ability wise I don't think he's very good especially considering he's played European football but league 2 is a bit of a jump from championship so may be OK.

Agree with this. He never seems to want to play, doesn't seem to like football & have the same passion as other footballers I've seen; Doyle/Sparky etc. Should do fine in league 2 if he's treated well & starts enjoying his football again.

Clearly has ability but hasn't seemed capable of delivering on it. As others have said he looked disinterested and was prone to disappearing completely in games, or looking like he had never seen a football before. I think there is probably a player there with the right manager who is prepared to really work with him. But I'm not sure the player is good enough to merit the work that would be required. Mackay will know him and will be well placed to judge if he is worth a punt.

Edited by Waspie

Think Caddis biggest highlight for me was away to Raith Rovers when he was on loan at us. Came on as a sub and had been on the park for about 30 seconds when he got his first touches of the ball, next to no pressure on him and he dribbled straight out the pitch

Thought that Liam Caddis looked like a little boy lost for us. Maybe he needs simple, explicit instructions to avoid becoming a bystander in the game, but something's gone seriously wrong there considering the notices he used to get.

Shame about Isaac, but he had his time and never looked like being an adequate solution up front. He looked sharper for a while after returning from Brechin, but didn't manage to build on it. It'll be interesting to see if we go for a more experienced replacement, or another promising youngster to bring on.

Don't think Eddie will ever be more than a hit or miss impact sub in senior football. More often miss. Memorable when it does come together though :thumsup2.

I always hoped that Isaac would kick on and offer us something different up front with his power and pace. Alas, I don't think he showed any significant improvement at all in his two years at Alloa. Makes sense to move him on now and hopefully frees up some cash to help bring someone else in. I don't know what Isaac's situation is given he has already played for 2 clubs this season but wish him well for the future.