The Alloa Athletic Thread

Never seemed to be any problems with regards to his attitude or professionalism during his loan spell at Brechin last season. Always put in 100% and scored a number of crucial goals in what was a struggling team at the time. Surprised to hear of these problems at Alloa, there's definitely a good player there.

I think it was pretty clear from the way Jack Ross spoke at the time of the loan move to Stirling that he wasn't impressed by Isaac's attitude at that time. I don't know anything beyond that. 

I have argued the case for Isaac in the past based on his natural assets of pace and power. Unfortunately, I still don't see any evidence that he has learned how to put them to use effectively. His positional play is hopeless, he makes runs where his striking partner is already going and he doesn't take up good positions for those pulling the strings in midfield. He hasn't come on in these respects in the two years since he signed. In short he just isn't good enough. Would make sense to move him on if possible. 

Edited by Waspie

I think it was pretty clear from the way Jack Ross spoke at the time of the loan move to Stirling that he wasn't impressed by Isaac's attitude at that time. I don't know anything beyond that. 
I have argued the case for Isaac in the past based on his natural assets of pace and power. Unfortunately, I still don't see any evidence that he has learned how to put them to use effectively. His positional play is hopeless, he makes runs where his striking partner is already going and he doesn't take up good positions for those pulling the strings in midfield. He hasn't come on in these respects in the two years since he signed. In short he just isn't good enough. Would make sense to move him on if possible. 

Isaac wanted to go to Brechin on loan, JR didn't want him out on loan in this league which I think led to a bit of a falling out between them, I think JR put feelers out to all league 2 clubs and Stirling were the first to get back.

43 minutes ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

Isaac wanted to go to Brechin on loan, JR didn't want him out on loan in this league which I think led to a bit of a falling out between them, I think JR put feelers out to all league 2 clubs and Stirling were the first to get back.

The Manager picked the team he went to on loan not the player 

Only time will tell with Isaac . Div 1 or 2 in Scotland is his level 

But remember something the Club support him with a job and house outside football the chairman has looked after him well over 2 seasons with very little return 

Edited by Wasps1

The Manager picked the team he went to on loan not the player 
Only time will tell with Isaac . Div 1 or 2 in Scotland is his level 
But remember something the Club support him with a job and house outside football the chairman has looked after him well over 2 seasons with very little return 

Isn't that what I just said? Isaac wanted to go to Brechin and JR said no.

55 minutes ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

I think the issue arose before that. JR was quoted as saying something like he wanted Isaac to stay and fight for his place but that he needed players who were committed and that those who weren't would need to be moved on asap. I thought it was poor that Isaac signed up and then very early in the season - with the team flying and without waiting for a wee dip which would have opened the door for him - asked away. I think JR's comments reflected that. 

Anyway,  lot of talk based on a picture on instagram. Maybe he'll stay and become a prolific scorer. Maybe not.

Really? I've heard completely different about Isaac that he shows up most days to do extra training sessions on his own, that he reflects back on games and looks to see if he put his stuff in training to use in games.

Was a while ago I was told that right enough and things may be different now.

If so the case why did he turn up late for the game against Brechin thinking it was a three o clock kick off and after finishing training on Thursday being advised he could be in the starting 11

No and don't think he ever will be again 

Am unsure if he can sign for another club unless he is freed 

He can't go on loan to any other club this season 

But what do I know f**k all according to some people 

Edited by Wasps1