The Alloa Athletic Thread

Am here mucker.  Jack am sure will speak to them over the coming days if not already 

He didn't apply for the post but St.Mirren wanted to speak to him 

Over the past 8 months jack has been great for our football club total gentlemen 100% a top class Manager and will go far in the game 

IMO St.Mirren is the wrong club for him but as a young manager only him can make that call 

Only time will tell we will know by Tuesday / Wednesday 

Far to early to speak about replacements at this stage if he does go 

Jack Ross said he would be interested in the job if offered it hence the reason why the club has asked for permission to speak to him.

Where did he say this about?

The club aren't going to ask to speak to him if they didn't think he was interested are they?

No certainty that Jack Ross is getting it though as we want to speak to 1 other candidate.

The club aren't going to ask to speak to him if they didn't think he was interested are they?

No certainty that Jack Ross is getting it though as we want to speak to 1 other candidate.

Was just wondering if he said it publicly somewhere that's all. If he did it would be quite disrespectful to Alloa who have given him his chance and supported him with a really good budget this season

I'd have thought Jack would want to get a successful season or two under his belt before going elsewhere, a la Paul Hartley, but I suppose football managers have to take their chances when they can; clubs are quick enough to shitcan them if things don't go well for a few games, although thankfully that's not something we do.

If St Mirren are just after someone to keep them up and build for the future, it might be tempting. If they're still expecting someone to challenge for promotion, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

We as a club will always lose good young managers simple if other clubs  want our mangers that means they are doing a good job for us 

Give credit to our Chairman and Board they appointed JR knowing if he done a job he would move on 

Yes it's only been 8 months but he has got us up and running again at a good level 

If am bring honest I hope he doesn't get it . Am sure everyone at the club would like to keep him another 8 months plus 

But he's a good man manager honest guy who will go far in the game 

St.Mirren am sure want a manager to come in and finish mid table this season.  Simple as that !!!

Edited by Wasps1

I'd have thought Jack would want to get a successful season or two under his belt before going elsewhere, a la Paul Hartley, but I suppose football managers have to take their chances when they can; clubs are quick enough to shitcan them if things don't go well for a few games, although thankfully that's not something we do.

If St Mirren are just after someone to keep them up and build for the future, it might be tempting. If they're still expecting someone to challenge for promotion, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

The appointment will be long term, chairman has said he wants a manager who plays exciting football and will give youth a chance by bringing through the under 20s into the 1st team.

In my view St.Mirren will be a Championship team for 2/3 years 

I don't disagree with that, good chance we could be in the league longer than that as well, we need to make sure we stay up this season though 1st of all.

New chairman wants stability at the club, I think Jack Ross fits the bill.

The appointment will be long term, chairman has said he wants a manager who plays exciting football and will give youth a chance by bringing through the under 20s into the 1st team.

I'm sure that was the view for your past 2 appointments. I can't see JR getting much success at St Mirren if he goes, he should stick at Alloa & get more experience under his belt with a team he's built. He's going into a similar position as he was when he joined alloa last season and I thought he was glad to be out of that.

I know Danny Lennon didn't have a good time at Alloa but am I not right to say he had St.Mirren very much stable as a premiership club for 4 years and won a cup . Why was he binned. My contacts say Player power and a weak Chairman

Sportsound was always reporting that the fans had turned on DL by the end of his time there. I can remember them asking ol' Chicky what more they wanted than a League Cup and relative stability in the top drawer.

You know, 'cause Chic's a St Mirren fan  :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

Correct bud but can only guess at the other 4 or 5 

Elvis
Ross
Fullerton
Stark
Gus

Ye Gods.

Some men just want to watch the Murn burn.