Twin Peaks

yoda

On 6/22/2017 at 14:11, yoda said:

Hide contents

Oh look, it's another Renault brother. Oh look, he's a c**t as well.

Seemingly the guy who plays Jacques Renault has been bankrupted in recent years due to health issues.  Sounds like David Lynch has brought him back to help him out.  In the credits he's down as playing Jean-Michel Renault.  Apparently it's an identical cousin.

Official Showtime Twin Peaks account saying tonight's episode is "must watch". 

Oor favourite has also chipped in saying it will "blow our minds".  Exciting but also bittersweet as there is no episode next week :(

Interesting to hear these rumours about Episode 8 being 'wild' and 'mind-blowing.' I think the leak has come from a Showtime executive, perhaps in a bid to boost ratings before the mid season hiatus (albeit its only taking a week off). Looking forward to it immensely in any case.

I have it on good authority (having spoken to one of the cast members), that the none of the actors really know what is going to happen, and only know about the scenes they filmed themselves. Seems authentic as the person in question asked me if they were 'in Episode 6', which I happened to see before they did :lol:.

Apparently the only cast members to have seen the whole thing are Kyle MacLachlan and Miguel Ferrer (who Lynch gave a private showing before he passed away - nice touch).

6 hours ago, pub car king said:

What do you mean there's no fucking episode next week.

I think it's a 2 week break!!

That last episode was weirder than weird. So dark, surreal and atmospheric, full on 'blow your mind' Lynch, loved it but need to watch again to try and make a bit more sense out of it.

It was just sheer madness started so normally as well.

I think on a round about way he's trying to tie it up.

Spoiler

What has happened to bad coop. Has Bob left him and now there is just an empty husk.

No dougie jones tonight either.

lPVcaKZ.gif

Just when I thought things were starting to get a bit more straightforward, left-fucking-turn and here's Part 8.

Spoiler

I said I wasn't going to try and analyse things but I just can't help it.

That was mind bending. Pure, 100% Certified Mental, Lynch horror for large swathes of that episode. The beetle/frog hybrid crawling into the girl's mouth, moments after folk have had their skulls crushed by whatever that was: genuinely uncomfortable viewing.

Was Laura Palmer a Lodge Spirit? What the f**k are those 'Woodsmen' about? Did we see the 'convenience store' that Mike mentioned during the original series? Did the Manhattan Project create a 'path between two worlds'? What happens to Bad Coop now? Is he still possessed by Bob? Did we see how Bob first came to exist? WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?

The music was really off putting during the nuclear bomb sequence. It's like David Lynch watched 2001: A Space Odyssey and thought "This could do with my own touch". I liked it though. I liked the ending as well.

Two weeks is plenty of time to catch up on things again.

Absolutely mental episode. The "Gotta Light" guy/thing was terrifying.  I really like the concept that

the nuke in 1945 either created the black lodge or opened up the lodge to our world.

Gutted we need to wait an extra week for Part 9 but as has been said, a lot to analyse and re-watch from the series so far. 

For me this return has - so far - been a resounding success.  It is unapologetically David Lynch.

Also I missed this during my watch, I was looking for other lodge beings in the Convenience Store, but clearly wasn't quick enough...

jumpingman.png.6df43cc81ba10c66ab45acd353f2000c.png

What I loved about that episode was that, the last couple of episodes were about as normal as this season of Twin Peaks was capable of getting, and then all of a sudden it throws a proper "the f**k am I watching?" episode at you, filled with every bit of nightmare madness that you could want from Lynch.

It is a moment in tv history and will be spoken about by do hard lynch fans forever but inthink most people are along the lines what the actual f**k was that and are not keen on a repeat.

All that said it did actually serve a purpose and answered some big questions.