Twin Peaks

yoda

Just literally finished watching it, some great scenes ranging from sweet to heartbreaking to damn creepy.
Great tribute to the Log Lady and nice to see her in the Credits 'In Memory of Margaret Lanterman'

The Log Lady scene was really just a cast homage to their colleague. Very touching.

Episode 16 is available now On Demand.

I've recorded and will watch later.

eta - I believe Sky realised their mistake and took Ep16 off the On Demand earlier today however I have now watched it and it's an absolute cracker.

I won't post any comments until you've all had to chance to enjoy it.

Edited by JustOneCornetto

On 27/08/2017 at 07:45, JustOneCornetto said:

Episode 16 is available now On Demand.

I've recorded and will watch later.

eta - I believe Sky realised their mistake and took Ep16 off the On Demand earlier today however I have now watched it and it's an absolute cracker.

I won't post any comments until you've all had to chance to enjoy it.

I came in around 6:30 tonight and it was on demand.

And yes, those four words the highlight of the series so far 

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I can assume that the people who can't get into it are the ones who didn't watch the original series.

There seems to be a sizeable minority of original Twin Peaks fans who don't like the direction of the new series, concentrating as it has for so long on 'Dougie' and the Las Vegas dimension, rather than Agent Cooper (of old) and Twin Peaks. Personally, I've loved the Las Vegas stuff: everyone in the Vegas storyline has been knocking it out of the park:  'Battlin' Bud', The Mitchum Brothers, Candie and the girls, Janey-E, Anthony Sinclair, the Fusco Brothers, Jade, Jackpots Lady, even the cameo from Jeremy Davies as one of the goons that Janey-E lectured back in Ep6 was hilarious. I think the Audrey & Charlie stuff has tested the patience of some folk too. You can't please everyone!

Ep 16 was fantastic btw.

Edited by Frankie S

There's a scene - and indeed a line - in episode 16 which showed me how involved I am in this show compared with, say, Game of Thrones. I let out a little involuntary cheer at this point. All of the warmth, the kindness and the humour came back. The next two episodes, as it's fairly clear where the plot arc is going, are going to be humdingers. I actually think I prefer this to the original series.

There's a scene - and indeed a line - in episode 16 which showed me how involved I am in this show compared with, say, Game of Thrones. I let out a little involuntary cheer at this point. All of the warmth, the kindness and the humour came back. The next two episodes, as it's fairly clear where the plot arc is going, are going to be humdingers. I actually think I prefer this to the original series.

Absolutely iconic scene. The music hit at the exact right time too. Chills.

I see Kyle Maclachlan teased about more Twin Peaks on a Twitter Q&A. Big man seems keen.

Whatever happens after the finale I'm just so glad The Return happened. I couldn't be happier with it.

13 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Absolutely iconic scene. The music hit at the exact right time too. Chills.

I see Kyle Maclachlan teased about more Twin Peaks on a Twitter Q&A. Big man seems keen.

Whatever happens after the finale I'm just so glad The Return happened. I couldn't be happier with it.

The delectable Madchen Amick runs the cast Facebook page.  About a month ago, it changed its name to something like We Demand Another Season of Twin Peaks.  There's obviously a heck of a lot to cram in to the final two episodes.  David Lynch is the kind of director who will do half of it, then leave it at that.  But equally, if there's an artistic demand, I can see a fourth season.  I hope so.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The delectable Madchen Amick runs the cast Facebook page.  About a month ago, it changed its name to something like We Demand Another Season of Twin Peaks.  There's obviously a heck of a lot to cram in to the final two episodes.  David Lynch is the kind of director who will do half of it, then leave it at that.  But equally, if there's an artistic demand, I can see a fourth season.  I hope so.

I noticed the name change but didn't realise it was someone with as high a profile as Madchen that ran it! I can imagine that a lot/all of the cast would be up for another round but for me I'd only want it if it's Lynch and Frost's decision.  As Kyle said fingers crossed! I could see Cooper tracking down Annie & Chet Desmond in a potential series 4 (providing these 2 characters aren't addressed in 17,18 or the final dossier). 

Back on topic of The Return I'm really happy with the Audrey scene this episode.  I don't remember ever second guessing myself so much at a television show. 

"oh Audrey and Charlie are at the Roadhouse so it is real life and nothing weird is going on... wait... "

There was a fan theory I read a while back that the first half-hour of Fire Walk With Me with the Chester Desmond stuff up to the Cooper looking for him with Carl Rodd scene was one of Cooper's dreams.  The fact Albert mentioned him a few weeks back presumably puts an end to that though.

I've had my own theory for a while that Cooper is still in the coma he was mentioned to be in prior to the first series after he was stabbed in Pittsburgh by Windom Earle  ("we live inside a dream!") and that the original series, FWWM, the new series and everything else are all part of that.  That's just my theory though.

On 01/09/2017 at 12:25, Dunning1874 said:

Is that FBI agent Roger Hardy who investigated Coop in series 2 on the right as well?

Great spot. It is indeed. Clarence Williams III. 

Less than 8 hours to go until the finale. Can't wait! 

Edited by Frankie S