Batman: Arkham Knight

EdgarusQPFC

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone here ever use Zavvi for buying games? I snatched at the opportunity of Arkham Knight being £37.99 without looking into the retailer but I've read a fair number of negative things about them. Feeling a bit worried now :(

Does anyone here ever use Zavvi for buying games? I snatched at the opportunity of Arkham Knight being £37.99 without looking into the retailer but I've read a fair number of negative things about them. Feeling a bit worried now :(

Not games, but have bought plenty of DVD's from them. Never had a problem. Wouldn't worry about it tbh. I've only ever been happy with their services.

I ordered a DVD collection from Zavvi a couple of years back and they eventually arrived barely packaged with the box for it ruined and the disc cases falling apart. The discs themselves all played perfectly fortunately but when I tried to complain about the state of the packaging, I got ignored. There were a few other people posting similar stories online around that time, although some of them weren't lucky enough to have their actual content working like I was.

I haven't ordered from them again, they might have improved things since then though. I ended up going onto TheHut for my pre-order copy as my Mum said she's used them a fair bit at Christmas time and had no problems with them. Plus they also had about the same price as Zavvi were offering.

you can get it for £37 at thegamecollection. Zavvi can be a shambles

I've ordered off Zavvi a few times in the past.

Never had any problems that I can remember anyway. 99% i order from Amazon though. Pretty sure if its dearer elsewhere they match the price, even if you have pre ordered it months in advance till release day.

Mixed. Pre Ordered FIFA 11 and it came a day early, pre ordered FIFA 12 and it came a fair few days late. Never used them since so couldn't tell you what they're like these days

Thanks for the replies. Shat myself so decided to cancel the order due to you guys and stories online (some saying they've waited months for an order or still not received it) and go for the £36.95 copy from The Game Collection.

Cancelled my pre-order with gamecollection as rakuten are doing a £5 off voucher, extra loyalty points and 10% cash back. So £35 + £3.50 cashback and it's thegamecollection who are dealing with it. Just got an email to say it was shipped. Nae bad

9.2 from ign and 10 from polygon. 91 on metacritic with a 7 from gamespot bringing it down a bit. My body is ready

IGN don't fill me with confidence and Gamespot are harsh c***s. Metacritic is what I pay attention to. Do you know what Metacritic's drawbacks were?

Archived