Batman: Arkham Knight

EdgarusQPFC

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/04/batman-arkham-knight-announced-will-feature-driveable-batmobile/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

The 3rd and final installment of the Rocksteady Batman trilogy has just been announced. Due for release towards the end of the year for PC, Xbox One and PS4, presumably 360 and PS3 versions will be announced at some point.

Not too much is known right now except that its the end of the story that began with Arkham Asylum, it will include a much larger city to explore than Arkham City and will finally feature a newly designed and drivable Batmobile to explore the city with.

I suspected back when Arkham Origins was announced that Rocksteady not being involved might be due to them working on a 3rd game. It seemed unusual that they would leave things to a new team, while im sad to know this is the final installment, im glad that Rocksteady are in control again.

Seems the Pre-order bonus with this game will be a playable Harley Quinn, similar to the Catwoman missions in Arkham City perhaps?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it could be brilliant. Kevin Conroy let slip at some convention that he was working on another Batman game when Origins was announced so I wasn't too bothered about Origins being a disappointment as I figured Rocksteady were working away while Warner Brothers Montreal studios made that game. It'll be interesting to see in the coming months how good it looks on which consoles. I hadn't planned to buy a ps4 for the forseeable future but this is the kind of game that would make me change my mind if they don't release it on ps3 or if it looks far better on the next gen consoles. I hope no-ones fooled by the Harley Quinn pre-order thing. They said the same with Arkham origins and City with Deathstroke and Catwoman but you were still able to get them even if you didn't pre-order.

By the sounds of the first couple of minutes of the trailer it would appear that Scarecrow will be responsible for what looks like a mass evacutation in Gotham while Penguin and Two-Face are working together and perhaps Harley Quinn too.

While this isn't likely to be a surprise to anyone who completed Arkham City but

a facebook page for the villain Hush put up a screenshot of him from "City" and said there was going to be big news about him soon. Given his story in that game revolved around him transforming himself into Bruce Wayne with surgery and the narration from Thomas Wayne in this trailer about Bruce's responsibilities as a Wayne, could we be seeing Batman fighting against Scarecrow to save Gotham whilst fighting Hush to save his life as Bruce Wayne?

Also, driveable Batmobile? :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Looking forward to how big the city will be, if your needing the Batmobile to access it all it could be quite grand. Do you think the Batmobile will be the solution to certain obstacles and puzzles like the various gadgets in the previous games? I hope so, cause that would be bloody awesome!

This just looks the dogs bollocks. A previous poster said that Origins was disappointing but I still enjoyed that game, so with Rock Steady making this it will be even better than the last game. It would be pretty cool if it does only come out on next generation consoles.

This just looks the dogs bollocks. A previous poster said that Origins was disappointing but I still enjoyed that game, so with Rock Steady making this it will be even better than the last game. It would be pretty cool if it does only come out on next generation consoles.

That was me. Don't get me wrong I though Origins was reasonably good, but I felt it was also just a slightly bigger version of Arkham City with an inferior story. Really bloody buggy too. As I said, although I enjoyed it, I thought Arkham Asylum and City were vastly superior to it so I'm really looking forward to how Rocksteady are going to finish this series.

That was me. Don't get me wrong I though Origins was reasonably good, but I felt it was also just a slightly bigger version of Arkham City with an inferior story. Really bloody buggy too. As I said, although I enjoyed it, I thought Arkham Asylum and City were vastly superior to it so I'm really looking forward to how Rocksteady are going to finish this series.

If you thought it was reasonably good in what way was it disappointing? I played it and enjoyed it thought it was just like the others with just a different story. I felt the goons were a bit cleverer, and the stealth scenes were a bit harder. I do agree that the other two were far better. But I didn't think Origins was a lot worse. Although granted I never fully completed it as I had to give my PS3 away.

I never encountered any glitches so perhaps I was lucky enough to play it after the patches were released as I didn't get the game straight away.

If you thought it was reasonably good in what way was it disappointing? I played it and enjoyed it thought it was just like the others with just a different story. I felt the goons were a bit cleverer, and the stealth scenes were a bit harder. I do agree that the other two were far better. But I didn't think Origins was a lot worse. Although granted I never fully completed it as I had to give my PS3 away.

I never encountered any glitches so perhaps I was lucky enough to play it after the patches were released as I didn't get the game straight away.

I find it disappointing compared to the high standards of Asylum and City. It still does quite a lot of the things those two games did well but it doesn't feel as fresh and the story wasn't as interesting for me. I just didn't find Origins nearly as enjoyable as Asylum or City. The world just felt like a dull shallow open world map and less interesting than City's environment, despite the fact it was bigger. I also found felt that there were less points to grapple onto and to get up into the air and glide around in which was a huge pity given how many buildings there were and how much fun gliding around is in this series. The shock gloves were over kill too and I ended up choosing not to use them in the end.

After I'd completed those two games I spent hours running around collecting everything, looking for every secret and doing the challenge maps. I haven't played Origins again since I completed it back in December.

I really dislike the importance the Joker has in Origins as well, I was looking forward to having a Batman game without him as the main villain but sure enough he pops up again and the game treats his prescence like it's a shock despite the fact he was paraded in throughout the promo materials prior to the game's release.

I was lucky enough to avoid game breaking glitches, but I still got a lot of irritating minor bugs persistently throughout my run through, particularly in combat where the game would freeze for a split second and when it would resume, enemies had all ready begun to attack and I didn't have time to counter them or avoid. It tended to happen a lot in large fights and long combos so as you can imagine it could be very frustrating to be flying in a combo with a high multiplyer, only to be stopped by the game briefly bugging out. I had a quick look online and it seemed a few other people were having the same kind of problem.

If it weren't the other two Arkham games, I'd definitely say it was the best Batman game I've ever played, but those two are just far superior games. So Origins was disappointing, but I also wouldn't say it was a bad game either.

Just saw the trailer and glad they brought in teh batmobile id hoped for it in AC but glad its in now. Rather than include playable levels as Harley Quinn why not offer players the option to join other people's game as Nightwing?

That said i dont have an xbone anyway

Arkham Asylum never required a patch on xbox and has no bugs. Arkham City had very minor bugs and maybe one or two small patches. As i understand it Arkham Origins needed alot of patching and had game breaking issues. The difference in quality seems considerable.

I find it disappointing compared to the high standards of Asylum and City. It still does quite a lot of the things those two games did well but it doesn't feel as fresh and the story wasn't as interesting for me. I just didn't find Origins nearly as enjoyable as Asylum or City. The world just felt like a dull shallow open world map and less interesting than City's environment, despite the fact it was bigger. I also found felt that there were less points to grapple onto and to get up into the air and glide around in which was a huge pity given how many buildings there were and how much fun gliding around is in this series. The shock gloves were over kill too and I ended up choosing not to use them in the end.

After I'd completed those two games I spent hours running around collecting everything, looking for every secret and doing the challenge maps. I haven't played Origins again since I completed it back in December.

I really dislike the importance the Joker has in Origins as well, I was looking forward to having a Batman game without him as the main villain but sure enough he pops up again and the game treats his prescence like it's a shock despite the fact he was paraded in throughout the promo materials prior to the game's release.

I was lucky enough to avoid game breaking glitches, but I still got a lot of irritating minor bugs persistently throughout my run through, particularly in combat where the game would freeze for a split second and when it would resume, enemies had all ready begun to attack and I didn't have time to counter them or avoid. It tended to happen a lot in large fights and long combos so as you can imagine it could be very frustrating to be flying in a combo with a high multiplyer, only to be stopped by the game briefly bugging out. I had a quick look online and it seemed a few other people were having the same kind of problem.

If it weren't the other two Arkham games, I'd definitely say it was the best Batman game I've ever played, but those two are just far superior games. So Origins was disappointing, but I also wouldn't say it was a bad game either.

Yeah I spent additional hours playing both games after the story mode, I didn't do that for this game as I didn't have it for long. But I thought it was just more of the same stuff, and enjoyed it. I didn't like it as much as the other two but I think that was mainly as I didn't spend as much time on it. Interesting to hear other people's opinions on the game. Did you play on the XBOX?

Arkham Asylum never required a patch on xbox and has no bugs. Arkham City had very minor bugs and maybe one or two small patches. As i understand it Arkham Origins needed alot of patching and had game breaking issues. The difference in quality seems considerable.

I started playing it two months after it came out so perhaps I missed all these bugs. It is very poor for games to be released riddled with bugs and glitches. But the games companies know the game will still be bought and they can release a patch to appease people, and maybe give additional content.

Yeah I spent additional hours playing both games after the story mode, I didn't do that for this game as I didn't have it for long. But I thought it was just more of the same stuff, and enjoyed it. I didn't like it as much as the other two but I think that was mainly as I didn't spend as much time on it. Interesting to hear other people's opinions on the game. Did you play on the XBOX?

Nah I played it on the PS3. I've still got Origins but I honestly have no interest in going back and playing it again beyond the upcoming Mr. Freeze DLC. I'd rather have yet another run through of Asylum or City to be honest. I think my problem was that it was essentially just more of the same rather than an evolution for the series like the jump from Asylum to City was.

Also, one thing that genuinely pissed me off about Origins was the switching around of the buttons for detective mode and batarangs/gadgets. After two games with the L2 button for detective vision, I can't honestly tell you how many times I blew it in predator mode by inadvertantly chucking a batarang when I meant to put on detective mode. Really bloody annoying that.

Nah I played it on the PS3. I've still got Origins but I honestly have no interest in going back and playing it again beyond the upcoming Mr. Freeze DLC. I'd rather have yet another run through of Asylum or City to be honest. I think my problem was that it was essentially just more of the same rather than an evolution for the series like the jump from Asylum to City was.

Also, one thing that genuinely pissed me off about Origins was the switching around of the buttons for detective mode and batarangs/gadgets. After two games with the L2 button for detective vision, I can't honestly to you how many times I blew it in predator mode by inadvertantly chucking a batarang when I meant to put on detective mode. Really bloody annoying that.

Haha many a time I got myself killed doing the same thing. Down to my last bit of life and I am quietly sneaking about inverting takedowning the goons, when I attempt to sneak up and I have fired a batarang and it hits a goon and he shoots me. The most frustrating thing was I continually did it, and I just wanted to punch a floor/wall. But I can't do that anymore:

post-239-0-86548600-1394061159_thumb.jpg

Archived