Good or bad group for Scotland?

Dryhorce

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My feelings are if the Germans walk it,it should come down to us the Irish and Poles fighting out second place.We need a good early start to stay with them unlike last time.We can get a look at the Poles soon,do we play our strongest teamand show them our hand,probably not as Strachan is wise.

We said we could beat Wales at home,least the Irish have nobody like Bale.Poland have more potential match winners in there team for me.Can they snif a draw out the Germans maybe,but the same goes for us and Ireland to if we have good games and play the right tactics.We need to respect Georgia to,no stuff that lets get revenenge for the 2 0 that stopped us reaching the finals.

I know little about Poland but ROI aren't as good as they were for sure, still be tough away from home but we definitely have a chance and wet toe have the right manager for it. i don't want to go into Levein again but the general vibe around the national team has been greatly boosted by Strachan and everyone seems far more positive going into it. I will hopefully get to all the home games and maybe sneak an away one depending on personal circumstances. Hope games aren't all midweek/Friday :(

We said we could beat Wales at home,least the Irish have nobody like Bale.Poland have more potential match winners in there team for me.Can they snif a draw out the Germans maybe,but the same goes for us and Ireland to if we have good games and play the right tactics.We need to respect Georgia to,no stuff that lets get revenenge for the 2 0 that stopped us reaching the finals.

Yeah Strachan would be stupid to go out and try and win the game.

We can still try and win playing other players,apart from the Fletchers our midfield is pretty equal.

England get their usual stroll - a bit like having ten friendlies before the finals :(

Fed up reading stuff like this. Who cares? England are a top seed, it would be more unusual if they managed to draw a hard group.

I'm pleased the fans have only one game away in a country with a jihadist loonie threat. Sport is bad news for the bearded lad up the hill in Georgia, apparently.

It's 'do-able' depending upon which Scotland team shows up.

Looks like I might be in the minority but I think it potentially is a pretty horrific draw. Scotland have always struggled against perceived 'average to good' teams (Georgia, Ireland and Poland all fit that description)

We need Germany to destroy everyone leaving it as an even playing field for the rest of us, and it goes without saying but the home games are must wins.

Archived