Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Unfortunately Chester was away out when I got back from work to take him to the vet. I'll confess to not putting much effort into looking for him.

Appointment cancelled...

Sorry to hear about this mate, sounds utterly heartbreaking. What's wrong with the lad, if you don't mind me asking? 

Sorry to hear about this mate, sounds utterly heartbreaking. What's wrong with the lad, if you don't mind me asking? 

I think that's the worst thing - he doesn't visibly look in pain. It's mainly old age but the vet thinks he has some nerve damage and can't go to the toilet (either end) so it is just building up and can get toxic. He has been unsteady on his back legs a bit but when I got up this morning he had went out the catflap, down some steps, a steep hill then a busy road! Came running across when he seen me. It's a heartbreaking choice.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think that's the worst thing - he doesn't visibly look in pain. It's mainly old age but the vet thinks he has some nerve damage and can't go to the toilet (either end) so it is just building up and can get toxic. He has been unsteady on his back legs a bit but when I got up this morning he had went out the catflap, down some steps, a steep hill then a busy road! Came running across when he seen me. It's a heartbreaking choice.

Horrible and neither choice is an easy one. If he was visibly in a lot of pain the choice would probably be easier. His toilet habits don't sound too fun mind you.

20 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The vet has confirmed that the wee man needs to be put down. 18 years he has been our best pal - I'm in bits here. Was OK earlier in work when I heard but now I'm with him I can't bear to look at him.

Gave him the biggest bowl of chicken and then tons of catnip. The vet wants to put him down tomorrow - don't think I can bring myself to do it.

a987b73c9e4fc4689579b300b1c372a7.jpg

It's shite mate, but 18 years is fantastic going and he'll have had a great life with you. No vet wants to put an animal to sleep unless it's in their best interests.

When my last cat  (see first post in this thread) had to go to the vet it broke me up. We had some great times with her and we still don't have another cat, but maybe one day soon. 

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

It appears you don’t have tinsel on your tree? You’ve gone up in my estimations

The tree is fek all to do with me apart from getting to burn it on 1st Jan. I'm a hard-line Christmas hater. The time off is good but trees, Santa, baby Jesus, Christmas music, Christmas jumpers, mountains of waste packaging etc can all gtf.