People who have changed from undecided/no to yes

conboyhibs

I look forward to Lex's answer to this.

if he hasn't he could always answer the question like sturgeon did with the plan B issue from Andrew Neil. And in doing so he will be roundly congratulated by the unbiased yes voters on here. Or maybe not :huh:

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if he hasn't he could always answer the question like sturgeon did with the plan B issue from Andrew Neil. And in doing so he will be roundly congratulated by the unbiased yes voters on here. Or maybe not :huh:

That was a terrible interview. Andrew Neil is terribly biased in it.

It was a pretty shit answer; but only the hard of thinking couldn't understand it.

So you said that he should answer similar to how Nicola Sturgeon answered Andrew Neil, then the unbiased yes voters on here would roundly congratulate him?

Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Oh, wait....

Haha brilliant. I love how the stories of turning people from no to yes are a accepted without question and congratulated, but the opposite way is met with a torrent of bitterness.

You guys need to accept that we live in a democracy.

No we don't, Scotland has never voted Tory but we have to put up with a Tory government because that's what the south east of England want on the fact that there are more seats up for grabs.

If you wanted a democracy then surely you would be voting yes so the Scottish people would get the government that they voted for?

No we don't, Scotland has never voted Tory but we have to put up with a Tory government because that's what the south east of England want on the fact that there are more seats up for grabs.

If you wanted a democracy then surely you would be voting yes so the Scottish people would get the government that they voted for?

The south of England has never voted for a Labour government, yet they had one for 13 years. Texas never voted for Barack Obama, yet they are having him for 8 years.

This is democracy, deal with it. Labour will be back in power before long, then you will have the government Scotland voted for.

The south of England has never voted for a Labour government, yet they had one for 13 years. Texas never voted for Barack Obama, yet they are having him for 8 years.

This is democracy, deal with it. Labour will be back in power before long, then you will have the government Scotland voted for.

Where?

Scotland has never had a Labour government unless England votes for them. That's not my idea of a democracy. It's a myth to think that our vote actually means something.

You clearly don't consider Scotland as a nation of its own other wise it would be fairly obvious what the difference between Scotland not getting what it's electorate vote for, and a region within England not getting what it votes for.

I would have no problem accepting a Tory government if my constituency's vote was in a minority in the country, but it isn't. If you consider Scotland to be a country in its own right then this is not democracy.

Yes but I don't live in the south of England or Texas, I live in Scotland which can become independent and we can then vote in our own government which will be more relevant to our needs.

Who says labour are getting back in again? IMO they are no better than the Tories so this would not change my opinion

Aye and then they'll be out on their arse again after a few years to be replaced by the Tories for a few years. That's how it works and that's how it will always work and, guess what, a lot of Scots don't like it. The political landscape in the UK is garbage and Labour and the Conservatives really don't have a threat to their standing as the top two parties. The Lib Dems are absolutely plummeting all over the place as shown in recent by-elections on both sides of the border.

One of my hopes with independence is that, firstly, the Scottish versions of the three main UK parties get their priorities right and actually do what's best for Scottish voters. Secondly, I would like to see fresh new parties emerge with good ideas to force the aforementioned parties to actually work for votes. I would also like the radical vision for an independent Scotland that the Greens propose to be given a platform at future Scottish elections. You may think this is all unlikely but the best chance of it happening is with independence.

As EastEnd Jonny pointed out, Texas is not a country whereas Scotland is and it's a shame that people genuinely don't even consider Scotland a country, and simply just a region of the UK. And quite frankly to compare the US electoral system with the UK one is laughable.

Aye and then they'll be out on their arse again after a few years to be replaced by the Tories for a few years. That's how it works and that's how it will always work and, guess what, a lot of Scots don't like it. The political landscape in the UK is garbage and Labour and the Conservatives really don't have a threat to their standing as the top two parties. The Lib Dems are absolutely plummeting all over the place as shown in recent by-elections on both sides of the border.

One of my hopes with independence is that, firstly, the Scottish versions of the three main UK parties get their priorities right and actually do what's best for Scottish voters. Secondly, I would like to see fresh new parties emerge with good ideas to force the aforementioned parties to actually work for votes. I would also like the radical vision for an independent Scotland that the Greens propose to be given a platform at future Scottish elections. You may think this is all unlikely but the best chance of it happening is with independence.

As EastEnd Jonny pointed out, Texas is not a country whereas Scotland is and it's a shame that people genuinely don't even consider Scotland a country, and simply just a region of the UK. And quite frankly to compare the US electoral system with the UK one is laughable.

Not according to the WG's legal advice it isn't, their opinions are predicated on the position that Scotland was legally extinguished as a Country some 300 years ago. This is a really powerful point, can you imagine if the ballot paper was prefaced with this information before people were asked to vote yes or no to the question "should Scotland be an Independent Country"? Does Joe Public in Scotland realise that, according to the WG, they are technically English?

Was Texas an independent country prior to joining the USA? If not then i see no relevance in your statement.

Archived