Club mascots. ?

Hertha_BJFC

I think Clydebank have got a mascot as I was getting tired of seeing him celebrate at holm park after the bankies fourth went In against us last year. . ;)

Do any other junior clubs have official dressed up mascots?

Our own one at beith is currently down south at the moment in hibernation but once he's ready to come up we will have " THE BELLSDALE BADGER " entertaining the fans on matchdays .

We feel that if we can target the local primary schoolkids to come to our games for free that they can meet the badger for various photo opportunities and also to strike a good future bond with them coming back to our games .

We are also thinking of approaching the local vet to sponsor the badger and to pull him out a financial hole as we don't want to bury his chances of survival before he rises to the surface .

Go on the Bellsdale badger and do other clubs believe that mascots are the way forward to attract new fans and entertain kids ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now now Stuart I used to like the newspaper coverage of the Scottish Claymores for one reason - http://www.claymorescheerleaders.co.uk

As yes I remember them well. I miss the claymores was a great day out at Hampden, very family orintated and for £10 a game you spent the whole day being entertained and you could get beer in the stadium!!!!!!

Fair play Stuart but shouldnt junior clubs be seen as trying to promote the cause in the best possible way. ?

Mascots and cheerleaders are both American themed and who can say that they are wrong in promoting terms ?

definitely mate. Don't blame clubs like beith for trying to get new fans through the games. I suppose I'm just a dinosaur

Good idea from beith worth a try.

Though concerning if it's a stink badger which is related to a skunk. Those things apparently let off a vile smell from the anal gland when annoyed/agitated.

Good idea from beith worth a try.

Though concerning if it's a stink badger which is related to a skunk. Those things apparently let off a vile smell from the anal gland when annoyed/agitated.

Skunk brian ?

Were you at the beith game on Saturday I take it? :)

Kilbirnie ladeside have one as I seen him on Saturday:-D also was a nice touch to see the ladeside players run out with the kids with there ladeside strips on . never seen that before

As I previously alluded that is the KT cat

We are affiliated with the local community club as well so regularly do this also

We are affiliated with the local community club as well so regularly do this also

Well done to ladeside with this one and embracing the young element is where the juniors need to be for me.

Get the children from local schools picked out at random to be the team mascot each home game and they can get photos taking with the cat, badger etc .

Not trying to sound crude here but the old guys are dying off and being lost to our game and these kids need to be enticed into coming to junior football as after all they will be our future fans, committee members, presidents etc.

Mate we will need to get a penalty shoot out competition pre game at the next beith v ladeside game .

The Bellsdale badger v The KT cat . :)

8/13 on the badger and 11/10 odds on the cat to win. ;)

Archived