The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:25, tongue_tied_danny said:

Will there be stands behind each goal?

Yes.

A new terrace at the top end (recycled from Barnett)

The "Big Bank" as its known is just cut out of the image above. Its now one of the largest terraces in England.

Part of the reason for the cut in the stand is that the access to the big bank is via a walkway that runs behind the new main stand next to the railway line. While the terrace is similar to Queen of the South in some ways that end is also similar to Firhill as the land behind it has been sold and turned into flats enclosing the ground even more.

HrfU3ou.jpg

9scQjtR.jpg

On 25/05/2018 at 11:39, realmadrid said:

if you have ever wondered why the old and the new stand at Exeter only runs so far this excellent picture from Sporting fields shows why.

Work on the pitch with the new stand going up and the away end flattened as access before its built up after the stand is finished

Such a tight footprint

G7e3lmm.jpg

Looking at that, I wonder why Exeter don't sell up and move in with the Chiefs.

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, realmadrid said:
A look at the York City development via @watertowers on twitter.
 xDY6Kyg.jpg

I thought York got a new ground not that long ago? Or am I getting confused with that ground that's called New York something?

Yes. The New York Stadium for Rotherham Utd.

Image result for new york stadium

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

Agree with your sentiments and it's only about 3 miles away but it's on the outskirts of town (see pic). The football ground is pretty much town centre......that might have something to do with it perhaps?

Image result for exeter chiefs stadium

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:48, JamesM82 said:

This was an option a few years ago, however it was rejected as the Chiefs would control none match day revenue, they would not have any colour of seat than light blue and as Exeter are fan owned the trust rejected the proposal. The Chiefs ground is also way too big for Exeter City just now.

All the current work is done with no borrowing as its against the rules of the Exeter fans trust. Good to see a club doing this of their own back.

Edited by realmadrid

This was an option a few years ago, however it was rejected as the Chiefs would control none match day revenue, they would not have any colour of seat than light blue and as Exeter are fan owned the trust rejected the proposal. The Chiefs ground is also way too big for Exeter City just now.
All the current work is done with no borrowing as its against the rules of the Exeter fans trust. Good to see a club doing this of their own back.

The Chiefs are expanding from about 10k to 20k

IMG_0262.jpg

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Spurs probably to play away during August and or possibly at Wembley for a bit next season https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44317278

Chelsea plans on hold  as Roman Abramovich has delays in the renewal of his UK visa  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033

Chelsea's new ground spiel has gone on longer than Trump's 5 star hotel and housing development which were the condition for his golf course on the Menie Estate, and promised £1 Billion investment and 6000 jobs. Have my doubts Abramovich ever intended it.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Exeter’s new rugby ground has a similar vibe to Murrayfield with the way the rest of the ground is larger than the main stand, then dips down to meet it

It looks to me like both side stands are lower than the end stands - no?

That terrace running the length of the pitch looks great.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:50, realmadrid said:

Ok who thinks Spurs will play a game at "home" this August or September?

_20180516_210031.JPG.cab5a8fd9dec526c686

Go on, I'll take September. I've watched a few stadiums go up and they're always closer to ready than they look. The Wanda Metropolitano was a concrete shell about two weeks before its first match. 

The construction schedule for Brentford

19 Mar 18: Official Ground breaking
3 Apr 18: Construction Starts
11 May 18: Stadium Frame Starts
11 Jan 19: Stadium Frame Completed
29 Mar 19: Stadium Facade Completed
11 Apr 19: Blockwork Completed
2 Aug 19: Pitch Completed
23 Aug 19: All External Works Completed
17 Sep 19: All Internal Finishes Completed.
17 Sep 19: Commissioning/Handover Starts
12 Nov 19: Stadium Commissioned and Handed-Over to BFC
Nov 19: Test Events* Start
Dec 19: Test Events* Complete
December 26th 2019: (Unofficially) First Competitive Fixture

* Three test events are planned, with 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 capacities respectively.

The winner of the best new stand summer 2018 - The finished effort at Chorley FC (I assume it will have a set of stairs at the front)

41759297344_221d78af09_b.jpg

42430839242_126361ddac_b.jpg

They should have made it a bit higher and then used the space under for a covered terrace or some cover in the rain depending on where they put the stairs.

Edited by realmadrid