The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Spurs doing testing on the retractable pitch.

DdjEadaUQAEEhNw.jpg

Partially see through or not I hope they're charging restricted view rates if you get a seat behind one of those pillars.

20 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Partially see through or not I hope they're charging restricted view rates if you get a seat behind one of those pillars.

This is a whoosh, right?

24 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

cheers for that link. interesting stuff.

does anyone know if this sliding pitch is unique?

It's being quoted as the world's "first retractable pitch".. but I swear that someone.. I think it's Schalke.. are able to move their pitch to outside of the stadium 

It's being quoted as the world's "first retractable pitch".. but I swear that someone.. I think it's Schalke.. are able to move their pitch to outside of the stadium 
There are a couple where the pitch is stored outside to aid growth then slid into the stadium but this is the first where the astroturf is stored below a natural grass pitch as far as I know.

if you have ever wondered why the old and the new stand at Exeter only runs so far this excellent picture from Sporting fields shows why.

Work on the pitch with the new stand going up and the away end flattened as access before its built up after the stand is finished

Such a tight footprint

G7e3lmm.jpg

34 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

if you have ever wondered why the old and the new stand at Exeter only runs so far this excellent picture from Sporting fields shows why.

Work on the pitch with the new stand going up and the away end flattened as access before its built up after the stand is finished

Such a tight footprint

G7e3lmm.jpg

Echoes of the Derry side of Dens.

On 25/05/2018 at 11:39, realmadrid said:

Such a tight footprint

G7e3lmm.jpg

Will there be stands behind each goal?

On 25/05/2018 at 09:36, Dave1875 said:

I'm sure one of the 2002 World Cup stadiums puts the football pitch out so they can play baseball. It might be called the Sapporo Dome, or that may be a PES stadium.

Edited to say: Found it, here's a video: HERE

Edited by David W