The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

I think that was the point, yeah...

I was never a fan of the Stade de Gerland. It's a fairly unique stadium, which is a bonus, but it seems like there's barely any incline in the seats. I much prefer to see steep stands, which imo make grounds seem a bit more intimidating.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

RIP Vicente Calderon.

Your turf was graced by some of the world's finest including Jamie Langfield, Michael Hart and Zander Diamond.

I'll never forget Richie Byrne's nutmeg on Luis Garcia that night

I'd put Spurs down as a rebuild rather than a move. Had they played at Wembley last season and demolished the whole thing before rebuilding, rather than having the building work going on at the same time as the demolition, no one would suggest it was a move.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly sure if this is on here already and I'm definitely not sure I would be keen on taking a ticket either:

topelement.jpg

Russia's answer to increasing the capacity at the Jekaterinberg Stadium for the World Cup next year.

Edited by Ross.

Not exactly sure if this is on here already and I'm definitely not sure I would be keen on taking a ticket either:
topelement.jpg
Russia's answer to increasing the capacity at the Jekaterinberg Stadium for the World Cup next year.

Same behind the other goal as well I believe

7 hours ago, Ross. said:

topelement.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

8 hours ago, Ross. said:

topelement.jpg

That seems like a very Russian half-assed solution to a problem.  

11 hours ago, Ross. said:

topelement.jpg

That monstrosity would not get a safety certificate in this country.  

I'm amazed that FIFA has approved it but money talks very loudly in football!

146a25e1985eaf1f5acdaf3eac72fc7c

17302876.jpg

In both cases there appear to be access tunnels partway down the stand. Do we know there are only toilets and serveries on the ground, or is there any intermediate deck? There are monster stands here e.g. at Newcastle:

stjamespark_top.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

I highly doubt the top half of the stand will be used, it'll be purely for number of seats. All the wee sweetie wives having a meltdown over safety can probably relax about the chances of folk plummeting 100ft