The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

It's tight but it should be achievable

If it does fall behind schedule then playing early games at Murrayfield has been arranged as the backup plan.

I can't see it in all honesty.

Isn't there some sort of rule that you would have to play every club at Murrayfield to make it fairer for all the teams in the league?

Isn't there some sort of rule that you would have to play every club at Murrayfield to make it fairer for all the teams in the league?

If such a rule existed we'd probably have heard about it when the idea of staging Dundee vs. Celtic in North America was being floated.

When QP played at Airdrie a few years back to accommodate the Commonwealth games Hampden was ready to go back to in November but we had to wait until January when the third round of fixtures began. The reason as you say was fairness.

So in Hearts case, they could return after the first eleven games i.e. matchday 12 but if they miss that deadline they'd have to wait until matchday 23.

Old White Hart Lane was a dump and very cramped. Imagine the new ground will be a great improvement.

I'm told by one of the design team that Spurs chairman is determined to outflank all the other big clubs with a very high specification and at the moment includes such things as Elite seating around the tunnel, with ballistic grade glass, and executive areas with fromageries and patisseries. Pie and Bovril no more. Looking at the images those seats at the top look far away from the players. Still, the fans there should be able to get a reasonably priced hot dog and drink for under a twenty.

No doubt a good day out as an 'experience' but lots of Spurs fans are going to lose their 'spot'. I'd rather have Stoke or Duns any day.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When QP played at Airdrie a few years back to accommodate the Commonwealth games Hampden was ready to go back to in November but we had to wait until January when the third round of fixtures began. The reason as you say was fairness.

So in Hearts case, they could return after the first eleven games i.e. matchday 12 but if they miss that deadline they'd have to wait until matchday 23.

Broadwood was getting the plastic pitch put in and an unexpected delay meant one of our league games v Peterhead had to be moved to Alloa before we returned to playing at our normal ground. I assume it's a case by case basis.

Broadwood was getting the plastic pitch put in and an unexpected delay meant one of our league games v Peterhead had to be moved to Alloa before we returned to playing at our normal ground. I assume it's a case by case basis.

Your instance sounds like a last minute drama and common sense prevailing. Ours was obviously agreed well in advance and as such formalised.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Those terraces would be perfect if they just put a roof over them!

Was thinking they can't get any wind, rain or snow in Cork or they'd have put ends on the stands.

4 hours ago, sjc said:

Hardy breed those Galic football fans....

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Looks like they certainly have to be. 

mainly played in the summer months so perhaps that explains the lack of a roof on the terraces.