The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On a more positive Olympic Stadium note, Roma have finally got permission to build their own ground after years of red tape. They are hoping for 2020 completion but who knows with Italian Bureaucracy.

For all the stadio dell aroma information

http://www.stadiodellaroma.com

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

On the other side of the coin Salford City have apparently donated the seats from their old stand to another non league side.

16 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

What do clubs do with all the old seats from their old stadium?

A few examples from myself and Sarge above.

In the past some of the old seats from Roker Park Sunderland ended up at Berwick, the seats in Elgin's stand are from Newcastle and Albion Rovers seats are Third Lanark's old ones.

18 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

What do clubs do with all the old seats from their old stadium?

Some of the seats from Love Street helped form the new stand at Threave Rovers' ground in Castle Douglas.

Morton bought some/all of the newest stand but, for various reasons, never put it up. And Aberdeen bought the bogs :lol:

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The toilets from Broomfield and Brockville were dismantled and rebuilt in Somerset Park.

The covered enclosures from Brockville are now at Stenny and Sauchie. The turnstiles at Hill of Beath came from Starks Park. Floodlights at Cappielow are from Love Street.

On 3/6/2017 at 15:52, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For all the stadio dell aroma information

http://www.stadiodellaroma.com

Wow, that looks like it will be an impressive ground!  I gather Lazio will still play at the old Olympico?  I went to a Lazio match in 2008 there and it wasn't a great atmosphere with only 25,000 people there (capacity was 80,000) at the time.  Coupled with a bizarre decision not to sell tickets on match day (we had to buy them off a dodgy bloke near the stadium) and the seats being far from the pitch meant that it wasn't the best day out, however I was determined to see a Serie A match!  On the plus side, the Lazio fans did sing most of the match, I just wish it was more full!

Oh, also it was Sunday so there was no place to get anything to eat in the area around the ground, every restaurant/shop was closed!

Edited by senorsoupe

Fiorentina have announced plans for their new ground, I mean it's Italy so it will take bloody years of red tape but a big purple stadium would be magic.

Fiorentina-New-Stadium-12-640x361.jpg

Fiorentina-New-Stadium-9-640x427.jpg

On a more imminent note, Cagliari are going to be playing in a temporary stadium in the car park of their current ground next year until it is rebuilt in for supposedly 2020 

cagliari-temporary-stadium-project_k6aey

Edited by Sloop John B

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Is Cagliari's stadium not all ready pretty much temporary thank to a Mr Cellino?

I think they have temporary stands on the athletics track. It might look a shambles but surely it an improvement on watching from the other side of a running track.

I think they have temporary stands on the athletics track. It might look a shambles but surely it an improvement on watching from the other side of a running track.

They do and it's those temporary stands that are going to be moved to the car park to surround a new temporary pitch

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/11/italy_cagliari_will_build_a_stadium_before_building_a_stadium