Tommy Sheridan

Colkitto

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy's a great campaigner and a great speaker.

Past antics mean that he'll never be anything more and he would be foolish to think otherwise.

I don't think you can sit in the Parliament if you've been setenced to more than a year and a half in jail previously. Tomy got three years didn't he?

Unless his conviction gets overturned due to the Coulson thing, he's not going to be an MSP again.

Coulson must be a right eejit if he committed perjury during a high-profile perjury trial. :wacko:

I'm not agreeing with the article but your statement here isn't true. Go and search through his speech videos. The 'freedom' line has been used and there are more than a few with saltires up behind him. Admittedly I have never seen him in a saltire tshirt.

I didn't realise the word Freedom was © Mel Gibson. Unless he's done the whole "You can take our lives" routine then your argument is wrong.

Whenever I've seen him talk he wears a plain polo shirt or t-shirt. No badges either.

As for saltires on the stage, that would be down to whoever organises the meetings and prepares the stage, not Tommy Sheridan.

Your opinion that the article states he seems to be cosying up to the nationalists, whilst he should be distancing himself from them makes me think that about you. What precisely is so bad about nationalists anyway? It seems to be a current bee in people's bonnets. To me, nationalism is having pride in your own country. No bad thing. I fail to see why Tommy should be distancing himself from that.

I didn't claim to have done a Youtube search. If you actually read what I said I said I've seen 6 or 7 of his independence speeches.

Apologies if I have got your opinion wrong of Tommy. Do you think he's a good orator and a good speaker then? Do you think what he says rings true?

I'm currently reading "From Hero to Zero" and it's fairly apparent that he has always been a believer in an independent Scotland. He envisions a different one from the SNP though.

Archived