Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a fantastic opportunity for Rob Roy to become closer to the community with the new development plans. I have seen first hand how well the new one in Port Glasgow works for the boys clubs and the community its self.

The one thing that I would urge Rob Roy to do when this arrives is take a great interest in all the other sports clubs and groups that will use these facilities as in the long run it should and will benefit them, whether it be fans, players, committee members of the future.

Good for the Roy ... a chance to start afresh and grow sustainably from there.

Kind of you to say Bill. I wish Clydebank well in the future in getting something sorted and i am genuine in that Bill.

This is a long way from the initial plan I seen Years ago with a grass and astro.Alson bowling facilities all solely owned by the club using their own funds.who will own and take in the money from the project?I agree financially its the way forward for clubs to keep them going in the long term but in my opinion the whole feel on match day within the club loses its importance and atmosphere within a community club set up.I was a player at petershill for a few years at the old park with the social club where I have fond memories.loved it and some of the comittee are still there to this day.I dont know if they will agree but in my opinion its not the same and the old ground beats the new one hands down

nobody will argue to much with what your saying Mitch but times have changed and it will be what we make of it and i am sure it will be a success.

The club are funding more than half of this so i assume financially the club will benefit as well.

For years the Roy have been screaming out for something like this that the community can get involved in now we have it and it should be celebrated. OK its not what many of us are used to as junior supporters but it is the way forward for a club like Rob Roy from a suburb of Glasgow and not from a ayrshire hot bed.

RRG is putting on his brave face but ye can tell he's no 100% with this.Community eh !!.Petershill FC look to be getting more marginalised every time a go there...folk see it more as Glasgow City Ladies park these days.

Where did it all go wrong ?.Adamslie was a cracking ground with a seated stand that was unique and a social club that was top notch.Progress ?.No for me would rather have Western Park.

Seems like a good opportunity to me....IF the club make the best of it. There is a real chance to get young people involved with the club through this facility. Market it properly, attracting the kids and teenagers and not just as a profit making machine and the legacy will be built. If it turns out to be all about the money then it could be a white elephant.

However, all the best to KRR as they progress. The status quo obviously wasn't an option and from what I read Adamslie was becoming a worse place to visit all the time. Good luck fellas.

RRG is putting on his brave face but ye can tell he's no 100% with this.Community eh !!.Petershill FC look to be getting more marginalised every time a go there...folk see it more as Glasgow City Ladies park these days.

Where did it all go wrong ?.Adamslie was a cracking ground with a seated stand that was unique and a social club that was top notch.Progress ?.No for me would rather have Western Park.

no offence to you or renfrew the ground you mentioned but to say you would rather have western park before what we are getting is nonsense. Tell me your not being serious.

With regards to atmosphere its the people that sing and cheer and make the noise & atmosphere, not the terraces or the seats. Sadly the reason Petershill has no real atmosphere is down to a fast dwindling support. We have the same problem as do most clubs re bodies through the turnstyles but hopefully we can gain a new batch of fans with this venture especially the younger generation. Time will tell on this. I'm sure the Club / Stadium will be well marketed as EDC council are pretty on the ball with the marketing of their leisure facilities. I'm sure their will be a big spend on leafletting the town and local villages and advertising in the press plus competitive rates on pitch lettings etc etc

no offence to you or renfrew the ground you mentioned but to say you would rather have western park before what we are getting is nonsense. Tell me your not being serious.

No offence to you either mate. :)

Imagine even a quarter of the cash being spent on this new plastic and tin sheeting effort in Kirkie being used to do up Western Park,that would make a hellava difference to a ground folk laugh at and it's a real junior fitba ground.

500 seat stand...what for,is that really needed ?.Ok,Western Park was a bit extreme,maybe but a don't like and a don't trust community shindigs,the fitba club starts to get lost in the set up and loses it's identity.

If Kirkie folk are happy,then fair play but it's no for me and a don't believe players like them.

P.s. good to see you back mate,place was getting boring withoot ye.

This is terrible news! Does it mean Wullie Hunter's scrapyard is to disappear? Where will we go for our spares now?

Seriously its been a long time coming but I'm sure once its built the fans will soon get used to it and with proximity to town centre pubs and presumably plenty of parking nearby will tempt a lot more fans to visit.

Just one thing, don't let EDCL do the interior decoration; have you seen the newly refurbished Bishopbriggs leisure centre? It would give an Anadin a sair heid, as they say.

Archived