Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

Sorry to go against the grain here but in my opinion its not the only way forward for junior clubs.

Yes its better than having no club at all but these places are soulless to visit and aren't a patch on a good old fashioned junior ground for me.

Maybe we are a bit lucky in that our community astro facility and our junior ground are situated in such close proximity but I really wouldn't want my club playing out a sports complex .

Best wishes to those who do or have no other choice in the matter though .

Im no long past posting on the fav grounds topic and said on that how much i miss our old ground at Whitletts. But for a club like ours with not a huge fanbase or money behind us,these type of facilities are the only way we can hope to end up with a ground we can call our own again,and also by joining forces with local boys clubs and community groups to get the grants needed to start the process

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im no long past posting on the fav grounds topic and said on that how much i miss our old ground at Whitletts. But for a club like ours with not a huge fanbase or money behind us,these type of facilities are the only way we can hope to end up with a ground we can call our own again,and also by joining forces with local boys clubs and community groups to get the grants needed to start the process

Have you ever met a Junior fan that actually enjoys watching football being played on that surface?

Have you ever met a Junior fan that actually enjoys watching football being played on that surface?

Im no great lover of it but its good enough for Professional Fitba and Champions League. If it gets us back to Whitletts instead of playing at the other side of the town then il be all for it

I enjoyed our game at largs it was brilliant , i enjoyed a good game at carluke , i enjoyed a decent game at petershill. I go to the new stadiums with a open mind , realise they are the future and the way for most teams to go.

This is not just about a pitch though. It's about so much more than that for god sake.

Great news this, well done to everyone involved in the planning & preparation, lots more hard work ahead for it to be finally delivered but at long last we have progress and are moving in the right direction. I'm a very happy Rabs fan tonight.

No one is sayin 4g is the perfect answer,but the blunt truth is that these surfaces like it or not are the answer to the future of a lot of clubs due to the revenue streams from them,no one more loves going over to adamslie to play the roy ,but they have to think of the big picture,and good luck to them !

get your stand from adamslie and get it taken to the new ground!!

Will you come help us move it blastie ;)

No one is sayin 4g is the perfect answer,but the blunt truth is that these surfaces like it or not are the answer to the future of a lot of clubs due to the revenue streams from them,no one more loves going over to adamslie to play the roy ,but they have to think of the big picture,and good luck to them !

Well played Kilsyth ranger good post. Your own club ground is a cracking place to watch a game it has its merits , as does a brand new stadium like ours will be. It's all about as i keep repeating embracing change , i hope god willing to follow the roy for another 50 years , that would be highly unlikley to happen if we dug our heels in for dear life to the way things used to be .

Good news - it won't hurt the profile of the club, and might encourage bigger crowds being that much closer to the main drag as well. Kirky seems to have expanded out to the east in the opposite direction from Adamslie, the peripheral location of which has maybe put some locals off going in the past.

Well done Rob Roy and good luck with the project, it is one which more Junior clubs need to examine.

As for a 4g surface, I'd have one tomorrow, we played Spartans a couple of times on their 4g and its virtually indistinguishable from a well maintained grass park and light years ahead of most Junior grass surfaces.

The surfaces are improving all the time and are a good source of income for the clubs. I would take playing on 4G rather than having no ground or indeed no club to follow.

Agreed,but it would be touch and go whether I would see it as a last resort,or the final straw.

Agreed,but it would be touch and go whether I would see it as a last resort,or the final straw.

What we all need to realise is the fans of the future will have different expectations as to what we had when we were young. Me and my mates were happy to go to the Roy , sit in the stand or stand on the terrace that had seen better days and took it for what it was and came back. Kids nowadays expect that bit more. They are attracted to things that are clean and modern .

Another important point is players of the future will have grown up on 3G OR 4G not heavy muggy bumpy pitches , something ours has unfortunately become.

So sports centres are the way forward?

Unsure of your thoughts but certainly not for me.

If so then for me they would be the death of junior football as a viewing spectacle .

I don't mind it for friendlies but hate it for competitive games and I don't mind being labelled a dinosaur in my beliefs.

People are judging this before its even been built because they have had bad ' experiences ' at other grounds. I have been labelled a dinosaur on here for my views on certain issues but this for me is a no brainer for a club like the Roy .

Junior football is changing i have came to accept this , our grounds are changing , the people who watch it will change in time. I am positive about the future for the Roy now this has all been sorted whereas before in our current location and all the uncertainity i wasn't.

This is a long way from the initial plan I seen Years ago with a grass and astro.Alson bowling facilities all solely owned by the club using their own funds.who will own and take in the money from the project?I agree financially its the way forward for clubs to keep them going in the long term but in my opinion the whole feel on match day within the club loses its importance and atmosphere within a community club set up.I was a player at petershill for a few years at the old park with the social club where I have fond memories.loved it and some of the comittee are still there to this day.I dont know if they will agree but in my opinion its not the same and the old ground beats the new one hands down

Archived