Kirkintilloch Rob Roy New Stadium

RobRoyGuy

1 club still owns Adamslie park. 2 E.d.c.  Could  changed access 4year ago only changed it 3month Ago when T.H. demanded £1.500,000 million to get in adamslie . Clubs solicitors went into addmistation, if Kilsythblue approaches me at league cup tie I will put him right on Kilsyth demand to Robroy.
Eh?? Kilsyth demands ?? So if the access is sorted you will sell up and move to your new ground? Well that's good news.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really dislike this site I would ban it but I got my point across.thanks 

Not sure you did get your point across, mate, I've no idea what that post above was supposed to mean.

In my original post you clearly took offence as to where the blame for this sorry mess should be placed. I questioned why the council were to be made the scapegoats, into why the proposed new ground had hit the buffers. I assumed like probably most people, that the sale of Adamslie and the surrounding ground had all been sold off and money banked. My question then was, if this wasn't enough to go it alone without the assistance of any other bodies involved and purchase land and build a new stadium. Then why sell up in the first place. You mentioned Kilsyth had placed demands ? I'm not here talking about Kilsyth .

6 minutes ago, kilsythblue said:

In my original post you clearly took offence as to where the blame for this sorry mess should be placed. I questioned why the council were to be made the scapegoats, into why the proposed new ground had hit the buffers. I assumed like probably most people, that the sale of Adamslie and the surrounding ground had all been sold off and money banked. My question then was, if this wasn't enough to go it alone without the assistance of any other bodies involved and purchase land and build a new stadium. Then why sell up in the first place. You mentioned Kilsyth had placed demands ? I'm not here talking about Kilsyth .

EDC pulled their involvement because KRR and KCSC couldn`t fund the balance of the project (either by using their own money or grant money) simple as that. The proposed site then goes on the open market and KRR have an opportunity to buy it like any/all other prospective buyers. 

4 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Remember when Kirkintilloch Rob Roy first moved out there was talk of a ground on the north side of Kirkintilloch beside the present day McDonald's on the road to Milton of Campsie. Sure there was talk of spending all sorts of money on a survey. And then the answer was it was on a floodplain which was a bit odd considering the area flooded nearly every time it rained. Did they really spend thousands on the obvious? Strange story.

As I understand it the first area looked at was a bit further west; on the north side of the River Kelvin behind McNairs and close to the access to Kirkintiloch Golf club. That IS  part of the flood plain. The site close to McDonalds and now occupied by Lidl is not.

The second option was the existing football park just off the Waterside Road and objections by house owners and parking issues put paid to that one. The current site would be the best option if finance and other issues could be sorted out.

As regards to the meeting with Kilsyth Rangers I was present  and the offer and asking price were well apart, the Rob Roy officials just walked away with no attempt to negotiate. To be fair we did not really want our park ruined and were not really desperate for the money in any case.

I must admit that I am getting more confused.If Rob Roy still own Adamslie and need to sell it to fund or part fund any other development then how could they have been in a position to commit to any other development?What if Adamslie never sold or was miles off the required price?All very messy.

I'm confused also.
Do Rob Roy still own  Adamslie?
If they haven't sold it, why do they not have an access route?
I sincerely hope they get something sorted.
The bigger question would be, if they still own it, why the f**k have they been playing somewhere else for 4 years?

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:
On 20/3/2018 at 22:16, holmparkheroes said:
I'm confused also.
Do Rob Roy still own  Adamslie?
If they haven't sold it, why do they not have an access route?
I sincerely hope they get something sorted.

The bigger question would be, if they still own it, why the f**k have they been playing somewhere else for 4 years?

It's quite easy.

They can't get access to the floodplain because lidl ran out of money. So McDonalds got a lawyer and the council have to play in Cumbernauld now.

I do feel for the supporters of Rob Roy here as they must be bemused by all of this!Time I think the club came out clearly and explained exactly what is going on.There are loyal guys albeit dwindling in number who have trudged to Guys Meadow for seasons now in the hope that a new stadium is imminent when the reality is that it is unlikely now ever to happen and they will remain homeless permanently.

Could they not sort out the access route and just get back to Adamslie? Serious question. Would it not be easier and cheaper than getting a new ground that doesn't look like materialising now?

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

Could they not sort out the access route and just get back to Adamslie? Serious question. Would it not be easier and cheaper than getting a new ground that doesn't look like materialising now?

The access route is for the builders to get into site, no way they could get back in to adamslie would cost mega £ as now a wreck 

17 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Still none the wiser!!.Where is the access road?IMG_2597.jpg

From that view to the right of  pavilion where the ah road is , the builders have had to get consent to move the traffic lights from the new built flats entrance. This all takes time as were objections to it 

1 hour ago, Junior supporter said:

From that view to the right of  pavilion where the ah road is , the builders have had to get consent to move the traffic lights from the new built flats entrance. This all takes time as were objections to it 

They were using this access last time Kilbirnie were there , supporters bus had to park in lay by further down. Seems a tad strange to have a ground with no access :) Council surely could work something out there. 

Archived