Your Old Stadium

Some decent pictures from jagfox there. Sadly I'm not old enough to have been in the old Shed as the Jackie Husband was built in the same as I was born so my earliest memories are just the JH and Main Stand with the terracing at the City End and where the north Stand is now. Ideally (for me anyway) we would still have the terracing behind each goals as we were fucked over by the SPL with regards to building the North Stand and we stupidly demolished the terracing the City End. The terracing could have been used for the past 8 seasons and hopefully, with some adaptions, in the top league in the next few years.

Here's some more. Jagfox already posted first one but it's my favourite so I'm putting it up again:

attachicon.gif525815_3598717159242_1012890227_33356755_1750670767_n.jpg

attachicon.gif310057_3598718279270_1012890227_33356757_243029924_n.jpgattachicon.gif554338_3598717879260_1012890227_33356756_2087814030_n.jpgattachicon.gif521894_3598716159217_1012890227_33356751_20803995_n.jpgattachicon.gif399051_3598716439224_1012890227_33356752_1962752965_n.jpg

Fantastic memories. This old Jag's heart strings are being pulled here! :wub::wub:

I miss terracing :(

Once Hearts get out of administration and F.O.H. get control, it would be nice if they changed the enclosure in Section N to Standing and made the season ticket prices in there more affordable for younger folk.

I'm sure it would be incredibly popular considering no one sits down in that section anyway.

What a fantastic thread this is. I remember the old uncovered bucket seated Gorgie Road end at Tynecastle - we played there on the final day of 96/97 when the demolition had begun for the new stand to be built.

dafc.jpg

dafc2.jpg

EEP_CLAD_8.JPG

EEP_CLAD_7.JPG

wallpaper22_1024x768.jpg

k3kw21.jpg

The bottom one is v Celtic in 1968; We'd won the Cup, Celtic had won the league. It was EEP's record attendance but there was estimated to be an unofficial crowd of 30,000 plus. Fans were up on the roof / floodlight pylons trying to see the game, and I'm sure a Celtic fan tragically fell and died that night.

Edited by Larbert_Par

Cheers.

Is the loch still there? I live quite close to Easter Road but I've never noticed Lochend Park.

Lochend Park is bordered by the flats behind the East Stand... Lochend Road as far as the Loch Inn (no prize for where the name originates from)... Marionville Road along the top of Meadowbank Stadium... and Meadowbank Shopping Centre. That floodlit community 3G pitch near the Tai Chi centre was built on the southeast corner of Lochend Park.

It's got a muckle lake in it and doocot.

Frustratingly, pictures from RCAHMS seem to be blocked from upload on P&B. However, it'll open on this link:

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/images/l/DP041913/

and there you see the loch and Easter Road Stadium as it was just before the East Stand was rebuilt in 2010.

Incidentally, the 3G pitch at the bottom of the picture - in Leith Academy playing fields - is on the old Hawkhill Park, one-time SFL venue of Leith Athletic. Another example of Scottish League grounds only a long goalkick apart.

Edited by HibeeJibee

East end park was definitely better with the terraces.

Used to like the old airdrie ground too with the wee house and lack of a PA system.

They would put the scores up on the advertising boards.

Grim stuff but somehow better.

Frustratingly, pictures from RCAHMS seem to be blocked from upload on P&B. However, it'll open on this link:

and there you see the loch and Easter Road Stadium as it was just before the East Stand was rebuilt in 2010.

Incidentally, the 3G pitch at the bottom of the picture - in Leith Academy playing fields - is on the old Hawkhill Park, one-time SFL venue of Leith Athletic. Another example of Scottish League grounds only a long goalkick apart.

post-1545-0-37832000-1390427294_thumb.jp

I mention it quite a lot it seems, but I absolutely adored the old Love Street. The steep stand was shite inducing but something about the place was beautiful

I never went to Muirton Park, but my dad went regularly and often says he loved the place, probably more than McDiarmid. Sadly it seems quite a lot of fans I talk to prefer Muirton over McDiarmid. Personally I love McDiarmid, especially when the floodlights are on, and prefer it to any other ground in the country. But Muirton was seemingly better. Made the mistake of asking Willie Coburn about Muirton Park, and got the old c***s full speel about playing Hamburg there

My favourite Victoria Park picture (and it's from before it was all-seater)

6304548176_e53d42c616_z.jpg

The Jailend before the seats went in (shamelessly stolen from OTB so credit to those who took the photos):

e4thlq.jpg

dundee14april2.jpg

post-7081-0-88006400-1390427595_thumb.jp

I'm guessing this is where the East Stand is now?

post-7081-0-98549200-1390427559_thumb.jp

This is hilarious:

post-7081-0-53796800-1390427534_thumb.jp

Aye, great thread. Being back in the top division this year has meant the return of the camera angle from behind the City End, which is where I grew up watching the games, only really went into the shed if it was raining or we were playing the OF.

As for other grounds, as an away fan you were nearly always exposed to the elements, one particular soaking at Easter Road in a bit of a pumping still springs to mind when they started handing out yellow ponchos.

Tannadice looks a great wee ground in the photos from the 50s and 60s, and I certainly preferred Rugby Park pre-all seater , where I don't think I saw us lose, to all-seater, where we've never won! (in a competitive game)

Stark's Park and Broomfield were a couple of other distinctive looking grounds. Sadly too many grounds now are the same bar the colour of the seats.

After posting all those pictures of Tannadice, I can`t be bothered doing the same again, but it`s worth checking out old pictures of Ibrox. The old stadium goes back beyond when I started going, although I do remember the old Hampden(minus North Stand) and Parkhead(with the old black roof on the home end). The old castle press box on the main stand was fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piDRo5pZcwE