Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Two excellent documentaries on BBC four ATM. K2 one about the worst disaster on it and another showing you the development of earth over forty years from space.
Shenzhen. 30,000 people 1979 now 10 million? Dafuq?

I went through a spell of reading and watching anything to do with mountain climbing when the film Everest came out. The K2 documentary was one of the best I watched.
Its amazing the way death is just another thing that happens on a mountain to these guys.

I went through a spell of reading and watching anything to do with mountain climbing when the film Everest came out. The K2 documentary was one of the best I watched.
Its amazing the way death is just another thing that happens on a mountain to these guys.

Yeah a guy died and some just continued the climb. I guess up there you have to be selfish and you can't carry anyone down. Not sure I can understand someone continuing the climb up after seeing that. Going down fair enough there's no option. Seems really selfish. They also use the sherpas harshly as if they are supermen or subhuman. Not sure I could be so heartless?

The Dave channel showed both series of the sitcom Early Doors recently. I think that is an absolute gem of a comedy show  Really understated  but very very funny with characters you can warm to. 

Loved that show. Well observed comedy with an undercurrent of pathos.

The Dave channel showed both series of the sitcom Early Doors recently. I think that is an absolute gem of a comedy show  Really understated  but very very funny with characters you can warm to. 

Couldn't agree more. Had the box set for years and love it. The two dossing cops getting high and pissed are priceless[emoji23]

On 2017-4-29 at 10:20, Swordfishtrombone said:

I liked the episode about the pub quiz, with the thick-as-shit couple ordering half pints instead of pints because they want to keep their heads clear... so the barman suggests they buy two each to save them coming back to the bar, and to make them easier to carry he'll put both halves in the one glass...

I've worked my way through the BBC's "House of Cards" trilogy on Netflix.  I watched them all when they were on originally, but this is the first i've watched them all the way through again.  Whilst the final series "The Final Cut" is definitely the weakest of the three, Ian Richardson is never anything less than amazing in them.  Kevin Spacey is good in the US version, but he never comes close to Richardson.  An outstanding series and a must watch for anyone who only knows the US version.

edit:  Go on, someone do it.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

20 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm really tempted to start watching that again, now. Brilliant programme. Have never bothered with the American version as assumed it would be a disappointment by comparison. Am I wrong?

No, it's good TV as well.  The third season was guff but 1,2 and 4 are all very good.  It loosely follows HoC then goes off in its own direction. 

I'd recommend giving it a go. 

The original British one is much heavier on the satire and plays it more theatrically. The US version is only very loosely based on the original and is on a much bigger budget and is played more like a Hollywood conspiracy thriller it is absolutely compelling and a great binge watch.

When someone answers the phone on a tv show (generally happens in comedies) and informs the folk in their company who they are speaking to and what about, half way through the phone conversation. This would never ever happen. I know the viewer needs to know what's going on but I'm sure we can wait until they get off the phone!

Rattled through Happy Valley S1 on Netflix. It's good,story has various holes in it but nothing too major, what really gives this the edge is the performance of Sarah Lancashire, absolutely brilliant,can understand why she has won awards.

Dara and Ed's Road to Mandalay is a pleasant watch. As you'd expect from two comedians, it's quite amusing and they are like an old married couple at times. Quite are few touching moments too though and a few interesting and insightful little titbits. They could do more of these things I think. South America maybe?