Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Just watched the 3 series of Toast of London on Netflix after Frankie Boyle said on Twitter that found it funny. Had totally missed it before.

Absolutely loved it.

Edited by eindhovendee
Added You Tube vid

On 22/09/2017 at 22:52, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Is points of view still a thing?
If so then why oh why does Dads army still get a prime time Saturday night slot? This utter horse shit has been replayed time and time again for years. Anyone who this program was in any way relevant for is long dead.
There must be something somewhere that could be shown instead. I would like to see old episodes of tomorrows World or old jools Hollands.
Half an hour of the test card would do.
What would you replace it with.?

I'd replace it with more repeats of Dad's Army. It is an utter classic, given the pish that straddles the hours on every channel.

On 24/09/2017 at 12:41, Trackdaybob said:

It annoys me too. Way past its sell by dateand should never be broadcast again. If you  still want to watch it, buy the dvd, download or stream it or whatever you do these days. 

Ultimately, you're being forced to pay for what is now  nearly a 50 year old product. 

Like someone following you round Tesco (other supermarkets are available), putting a 50 year old loaf of bread in your basket and forcing you to buy it :lol: 

Classic comedy

9 minutes ago, glassnahalf said:

Tell you what annoys me...

Wall to wall game shows, soaps, reality, cooking, antiques and property shows.

Practically the entire TV schedule every day.

Classic comedy

Watched this the other night and looking forward to the next two episodes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/nile-rodgers-how-to-make-it
You’ll never be able to hear “le Freak, c’est Chic” in the same way again after he explains the original wording.

Really enjoyed the first episode. The guy is a genius.

On 10/10/2017 at 14:01, The Minertaur said:

Liar is set up for a decent finale next week.  All the main characters have been excellent and the acting has been top notch.

We watched the last episode last night.  I thought it started well, with a very interesting premise, then became utterly preposterous.  I came close to giving up on it towards the end.

Usually can't stick Chris Packham on his nature programmes. However, his documentary about his Aspergers (which I also have) was absolutely superb. Very well made programme and Packham came across really well despite obvious struggles on screen and off.

Usually can't stick Chris Packham on his nature programmes. However, his documentary about his Aspergers (which I also have) was absolutely superb. Very well made programme and Packham came across really well despite obvious struggles on screen and off.

I thought it was fascinating.

Not sure about that therapy they’re trying in America though, seems a bit extreme.

I thought it was fascinating.

Not sure about that therapy they’re trying in America though, seems a bit extreme.

I did not agree with the therapies being tried. In my opinion finding a cure implies a) that it is a disease and b ) there is something wrong with you if you have it. I fully understand that low functioning Autism affects people far more than my Aspergers affects me but the therapies seemed utterly unnecessary and, as you said, extreme.