Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

1 hour ago, Latino Lover said:

Been off sick a bit lately so inevitably watching lots of frasier repeats, it's a great show but some of the characters really let it down. Poppy, curly? Daphnes brothers etc. Probably should have ended sooner. I particularly like the different title cards.

Any episode that features Daphne's family is one to miss.

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Inadvertently caught my first ever episode of Frasier last weekend. Utter shite.

Maybe the humour is too subtle for you. Stick to 'Terry and June' or 'Birds of a Feather'.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wid, except fat Terry and the fat Bird of a feather.

Well, June Whitfield is 91 if that's what floats your boat. By all means post her photo over on the MILFs thread.

The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross

Netflix have a couple of seasons of it. I vaguely remember it being on TV in the mornings when I was a kid, particularly during school holidays.

I defy anybody to watch it and not feel incredibly relaxed. Maybe it's Bob's voice. Maybe it's subject matter - always landscapes. Maybe it's the tapping or the swishing of the brush on canvas. It's almost hypnotic. There's something about Bob painting his happy little trees that helps you forget what a soulless place the modern world is.

I can imagine it being absolutely brilliant to watch when you're baked. 

On 8/15/2017 at 12:59, KnightswoodBear said:

Any episode that features Daphne's family is one to miss.

Agreed 100%.  Daphne's Mother was possibly the best of a very bad bunch of characters.

Frasier is still my favourite all time TV show.  Wish I had been old enough to appreciate the first few seasons when it was coming out.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Agreed 100%.  Daphne's Mother was possibly the best of a very bad bunch of characters.

Frasier is still my favourite all time TV show.  Wish I had been old enough to appreciate the first few seasons when it was coming out.

Niles is a superb character, it's amusing how many of the cast were gay, bulldog was a surprise!

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Yes, Millicent Martin was excellent. Robbie Coltraine did his best with the material he was given, but as for the rest of them - forget it. The range of accents made it sound as if they weren't from the same country, never mind the same family.

14 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yes, Millicent Martin was excellent. Robbie Coltraine did his best with the material he was given, but as for the rest of them - forget it. The range of accents made it sound as if they weren't from the same country, never mind the same family.

Brian Cox was good as her dad too, but they took all of that stuff on for far too long.

Lulu's accent is all over the shop over on BBC One right now. Brutal.

She a fucking boot. The way she chops and changes her accent does my tits in. She said in an interview she does it as people didn't understand her when she spoke with her Scottish accent. Aye ok. Daft cow.

John Barrowman is another c**t for it.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:12, The Minertaur said:

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 19:09, GordonD said:

She a fucking boot. The way she chops and changes her accent does my tits in. She said in an interview she does it as people didn't understand her when she spoke with her Scottish accent. Aye ok. Daft cow.

John Barrowman is another c**t for it.

I think Barrowman is actually worse for it. Anyway came on here to say this Len Goodman show they keep advertising on the BBC looks like that kind of claptrap that would make you want to craw out your eyeballs and stick knitting needles in your ears.

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think Barrowman is actually worse for it. Anyway came on here to say this Len Goodman show they keep advertising on the BBC looks like that kind of claptrap that would make you want to craw out your eyeballs and stick knitting needles in your ears.

Agreed, looks like one of those shows where they have selected a host first, and then said "ok then, better come up with a format". A la 'Splash' with Tom Daley.