Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 11/06/2017 at 17:09, Salvo Montalbano said:

Cardinal on BBC Four is really good - a very grim but quite gripping Canadian murder/hostage taking/torture drama with plenty happening and a few properly scary/deranged characters. It's up to episode 4 but they should be available on the iPlayer.

I still have the last two episodes to watch but it's been very good.  That the lassie who plays the partner is a piece of lovely slender gingerness does no harm:

ginger.GIF.5cc0f0597dcedca4045a8bcac82e1acc.GIF

I also watched The Loch one evening last week.  Good cast and a good start.  Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Wife is watching live island. I dont think vapid is a good enough adjective. They turned banter into a verb. By adding ing to it

Forged in fire on history channel I think. Think masterfchef format but for people who have forges at home to make their own swords n knives. If your preconceptions lead you to believe that the contestants will be a motley crew of redneck rapey serial killer types you'd be spot on. The bit when these wannabe murderers are booted out holding the weapon they've just lovingly fashioned is always tense as at some point one of them will wipe out the judging panel.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wankerish to bump your own post but this is well worth a watch.

Aye it's been good. There's been times where I've been thinking "It's a Scottish Broadchurch"(which is no bad thing). As it's Scottish, it is fun to try and work out where certain bits are being filmed(mainly the bits in Fort William). Although there's been times where I feel that Siobhan Finneran is trying to do her best impression of Sarah Lancashire's character in Happy Valley, and it's not really working at times

25 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Aye it's been good. There's been times where I've been thinking "It's a Scottish Broadchurch"(which is no bad thing). As it's Scottish, it is fun to try and work out where certain bits are being filmed(mainly the bits in Fort William). Although there's been times where I feel that Siobhan Finneran is trying to do her best impression of Sarah Lancashire's character in Happy Valley, and it's not really working at times

She's a bit of a caricature.  John Sessions and Laura Fraser in combo will put her gas at a peep by the last episode.  You read it here first ;)

9 hours ago, dogmc said:

Forged in fire on history channel I think. Think masterfchef format but for people who have forges at home to make their own swords n knives. If your preconceptions lead you to believe that the contestants will be a motley crew of redneck rapey serial killer types you'd be spot on. The bit when these wannabe murderers are booted out holding the weapon they've just lovingly fashioned is always tense as at some point one of them will wipe out the judging panel.

It's a cracker of a show, especially when Doug Marcaida says "......this, will kill!" with a maniacal grin.

Just now, mjw said:

It could be on BBC one instead of c**t Arthur Strong.
How the f**k are they getting away with that?

It was bad enough on the radio, don't want to imagine how awful the TV version would be.