Wrestling Podcasts

Shuggie_Murray7

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really a wrestling one, but you folk might be interested. 1001 Things to Do Before You Die. Comedy one with Chris Renfrew and Billy Kirkwood. As you'd imagine when you get those two together, it's fucking fantastic.

• 4 months later...

Only one I listen to is Solomonster Sounds Off. I'd a decent 100 min listen on a Sunday night. Starts by talking about this week in wrestling, then has a Raw/ROH/NXT review then a mailbag.

Comes across as straight to the point but seems to get annoyed at far too much.

ETA: I do enjoy Y2J's style of interviewing and he does have the best guests on compared to JR & Austin etc.

Edited by Kryptonite

Only one I listen to is Solomonster Sounds Off. I'd a decent 100 min listen on a Sunday night. Starts by talking about this week in wrestling, then has a Raw/ROH/NXT review then a mailbag.

Comes across as straight to the point but seems to get annoyed at far too much.

ETA: I do enjoy Y2J's style of interviewing and he does have the best guests on compared to JR & Austin etc.

Only found him recently (when i was looking/listening to reviews of NXT Brookyln and specifically the Sasha vs Bayley match) even though he's been doing it for years.

Never thought i'd enjoy listening to one guy talk about wrestling, but it's probably the most in depth and knowledgeable podcast i've came across from a wrestling fan. He makes a lot of good points, and he always brings up important points that i hope he brings up when discussing a subject that other podcasters wouldn't even think to do.

Another thing that is taken for granted but which is good is that not only is the sound quality excellent, but he has a great voice for podcasting. He doesn't sound like a 15 year old boy in his mum's basement, or a stuttering mess of a presenter.

It's an excellent listen when i'm going to sleep, or if im playing fifa or football manager or even travelling, so much so that i've even went back and listened to his stuff from previous years when big events have happened in WWE.

You could go back and listen to every single episode for the mailbag section alone and it would be totally worth it.

Along with the Football Ramble it's now the podcast i look forward to the most, and i'd definitely recommend it to anyone who loves wrestling and listens to wrestling podcasts.

• 1 year later...

Anyone in to 'Something to wrestle with Bruce Pritchard'? It's a very good listen and is my favourite wrestling podcats at the minute. 

The Lex Express, Montreal, steroid trial, TNA, Survivor Series 1990, Pillman and Sunny episodes are all exceptional.

They are all good, but the above ones are my recommendations for those who don't have a lot of time, the episodes are 2+ hours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2016 at 22:47, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Anyone in to 'Something to wrestle with Bruce Pritchard'? It's a very good listen and is my favourite wrestling podcats at the minute. 

The Lex Express, Montreal, steroid trial, TNA, Survivor Series 1990, Pillman and Sunny episodes are all exceptional.

They are all good, but the above ones are my recommendations for those who don't have a lot of time, the episodes are 2+ hours.

#shepooted

Yeh it's good. Great chemistry between the two.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Latino Lover said:

Can't be arsed To go through thread but whoever rdecommended something to wrestle with has made work a pleasure for me at times. Occasionally listen to colt cobana depending on guests and used to like Austin but got a bit bored.

It's literally 3 posts above yours.... 

Something to Wrestle with is a great podcast, the best wrestling one imo. Not as impresed with the one Conrad does with WCW Tony.

I always look forward now to a Friday to find out the next Something to Wrestle topic. I'm going to Prichard's London show in July.
I've started listening to Wade Keller's PWTorch podcast which is pretty good.
I don't listen to Taz as much anymore as I miss Handsome Jonny and The Captain

5 minutes ago, The_Notorious said:

It's literally 3 posts above yours.... 

Something to Wrestle with is a great podcast, the best wrestling one imo. Not as impresed with the one Conrad does with WCW Tony.

Thanks! I saw 8 pages and just went to new post on phone. Pritchard impressions are good but jr's were very cringe. Probably get through more due to change in work and not as many football ones. 

another thumbs up for something to wrestle with. Great listen.

Still listening to Gorilla Position as well. 

The Edge & Christian podcast is pretty decent although has a decent amount of ice-hockey chatter on it. A new episode went up this morning and is an "anatomy of a match" with Michaels and Foley on to talk about Mind Games in 1996. Should be worth a listen.

On 2017-5-26 at 09:22, SamuraiJock said:

The Edge & Christian podcast is pretty decent although has a decent amount of ice-hockey chatter on it. A new episode went up this morning and is an "anatomy of a match" with Michaels and Foley on to talk about Mind Games in 1996. Should be worth a listen.

Anyone who didn't hear this it was worth a listen, but Shawn Michaels is incapable of coherent speech of any kind these days. Brutal to listen to.

Excellent insight into the match though. Foley suggested to Michaels that they do an intentional botch because Foley noticed when botches happened Michaels gets legit pissed off. So they planned one to make Michaels look pissed off and add a wee bit reality into the fight. Really is a cracking match and worth a re-watch.

• 1 year later...