The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Ok, we have the play off results.

The question was how many steps do the spanish steps have   -   some claim 135 other claim 138

In the first play off @Eednudsaid 125 and @gkneilwent for 100, therefore our Adelaide based cobber stays up.

In the other play off @welshbairn said 93 and @pleslie99 got it spot on to stay in the SWL.

So @Cardinal RichelieuI hand your quiz back to you and thanks to everyone for putting up with my mistakes but alas at least you have some superbly unique tables to remember it by.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

A Sexy Six. 

Tynieness and I were thinking about some sort of revamp for the P+B Quiz League in the New Year. Any suggestions?

Aye, drop the daily Aussie sports question and make it 'out of nine'.

6/10.  For the first 6 questions, I was invincible.  But then it went all pear shaped and conceded 4 without reply.  Reminds me of something else that happened today, but I cant quite put my finger on it ....

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A Len Goodman-esque Sev-en. Could have been 9 but guessed wrong on 2 that were pretty much 50/50. Although I also guessed a couple right so I suppose if could have been 5.

Who the f**k's this c**t????

Well the quarter finals of the P&B Cedric Kipre's Xmas quiz are complete. Congratulations to all for getting this far. It's the business end of the tournament and it was always going to be

fiercly competitive.

Alang1993 (4+10) v Helpma (7+4)

In the early kick off Alang 'shangalang' 1993 struggled to get going in the 1st half. Stumbling into the dressing room 3 behind at the break. Whatever was said at half time certainly worked as he fired in a perfect 10 to leave Helpma wondering where it all went wrong.

SlipperyP (5+6) v LiviLion (5+4)

The biggest tactical battle of the quarters came in this match. Goals weren't flying in like in the other matches but watching both managers try to outfox the other was a thing of beauty. Nothing could split the 2 at half time both cancelling each other out with 5 a piece. SlipperyP made a late tactical change which brought 2 goals in added time to win 11-9.

The Captain (3+7) v Cowden0 (7+7)

The Captain knew things weren't going to be easy in this one. Cowden0, outscoring everyone so far in previous rounds, didn't hold back in the 1st half and raced into a 4 goal lead at half time. The Captain rallied in the 2nd half and his troops done him proud but it was too little too late, a valiant draw in the 2nd half sees Cowden0 sail into the semi-final.

Kincardine (7+7) v Tynieness (6+8)

The most highly anticipated match of the quarter finals didn't disappoint. Moved to an evening kick off for tv both sides had plenty preparation time. As expected it was to and fro for the full match. Kincardine edged the 1st half 7-6 but Tynieness dug deep and scored an impressive 8 in the 2nd half to force extra time.

So the extra time question for Kincardine and Tynieness:

As its an Xmas quiz it had to be loosely based on Xmas so, with 6 shopping days to go. How many shops are there in Oxford Street, also known as Europe's busiest shopping street?

Answers PM'd to me by Tuesday at 5pm.