The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

4 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Now I'm really struggling.

Have checked the first half scoreboard and can see a 5 for WRK, but nothing for cowdenO.

The second half has a 7 for cowdenO but nothing for WRK.

I'd give @cowden0 and @WhiteRoseKilie till tomorrow midnight to post their scores, then they're out. They're both having serious medical procedures at the moment so maybe they're too busy shagging nurses.

Disappointed to get pumped oot the cup by a bloke in turquoise gutties.  Do they have LEDs in the heels?  Can't argue with the score so best wishes to Tynie for the semis.

Anyway, a decent start to the league with 8/10.  Maybe the Aussies are on to something, though.  Perhaps a future cup round could have a series of 'obvious' questions with some sort of forfeit for those who get less than 100% such as:

In which city is the London Borough of Hackney?
Under which river is the Clyde tunnel built?
In which country is Scotland Yard?

Sorry can't get past third question in first half. No banner to go to next question. I got two out of three correct. Had same problem last round. Ads appears to cover next question banner. Even on the ones I can answer, only can see the top edge of it. Did get 100% on second half. But I am happy to let@welshbairn go through.

6 minutes ago, cowden0 said:

Sorry can't get past third question in first half. No banner to go to next question. I got two out of three correct. Had same problem last round. Ads appears to cover next question banner. Even on the ones I can answer, only can see the top edge of it. Did get 100% on second half. But I am happy to let@welshbairn go through.

That's enough for me, going on holiday on Tuesday anyway. cowden0 goes to the semis.

Ooft. 8/10. Missed out on the TV Show and Cannonball. Couple of guesses, actually knew the tennis, being nightshift during the US Open paid off.

Anyone getting Kennealy wrong should be relegated to the bottom tier. (Had to read the question about 5 times to make sure I wasn't being a fanny)

A rather limp and ineffectual 5 / 10. Found today a real toughie of almost unknowable factoids.. ...  Lower mid table mediocrity - relegation dogfight ahead. Need to get my act together before The Captain and his chums head to Ljubljana for hopefully a meaningful international . 

I'd give [mention=28244]cowden0[/mention] and [mention=48748]WhiteRoseKilie[/mention] till tomorrow midnight to post their scores, then they're out. They're both having serious medical procedures at the moment so maybe they're too busy shagging nurses.

I'm happy to concede. At my age the nurses aren't as easy to catch, either.