The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just needing scores from @alang1993 and @Salvo Montalbano and I will reveal all. I might even post some league tables as well. Ho ho ho. 

Keep that sort of chat for the Ecumenical Thread.

(You certainly won't endear yourself to The General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland, withthat sort of carry on...)

Must have replaced the batteries in the guessometer as I finished with a pair of 7s in the Australian quiz (including getting a couple of Oz Sports ones right although I talked myself out of the Clint Eastwood one) and a full house of 25 on the Joe quiz. A couple of guesses there with Spongebob and one of the bands.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Let's get quizzical. 

Despite much forelock tugging (© @Beyemystic c. 2010), Tynieness has managed to cling on to the top position in the Premiership. He may not be well liked, but dang it, he knows his onions. The DA scoops 2nd on QD so well done to him. A well-rounded well-liked member of the forum - a likely candidate to usurp Tynieness in the upcoming Mod Elections. 

Aidan's brainfart on the last day sees him relegated along with Alang1993. AFJ is in the play-offs, again on QD. 

1-prem.png.4580d21e5a307e0b0b000e71eafa7b81.png

Salvo's guessathon at the 11th hour sees him achieve his first ever silver medal and promotion to the top shop, much to the chagrin of DublinMagyar. The_Kincardine is in the play-offs. 

At the arse end, ArmadaleKillie well and truly shat the bed. I'm tempted to rescind one of his bronze medals for that performance. Jesus. :) (just kidding AK, we all have our off weeks). 

Ross and his wanky full stop is down ... and Blackislekillie is in the play-offs, thanks to a barnstorming performance from M. Richelieu and his intricate knowledge of Australian attorneys general. 

2-steal.png.c64ad3b9899fdb51530ffddcf6ee25c8.png

And in the Beazer league ... gkneil has 3 bronze medals to tell his wife and girlfriend about. Germanjag narrowly misses out on his first ever gong, but he can take solace in promotion to the middle league. DYL's fine nine on Thursday gets him into the play-off. 

3-beazer.png.99e4447700caf5307b39d435a09329c0.png

So it's over to the quiz thread's Archie MacPherson, aka @SlipperyP .. who will sort the men out from the boys. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Let's get quizzical. 

Despite much forelock tugging (© @Beyemystic c. 2010), Tynieness has managed to cling on to the top position in the Premiership. He may not be well liked, but dang it, he knows his onions. The DA scoops 2nd on QD so well done to him. A well-rounded well-liked member of the forum - a likely candidate to usurp Tynieness in the upcoming Mod Elections. 

Aidan's brainfart on the last day sees him relegated along with Alang1993. AFJ is in the play-offs, again on QD. 

1-prem.png.4580d21e5a307e0b0b000e71eafa7b81.png

2-steal.png.c64ad3b9899fdb51530ffddcf6ee25c8.png

3-beazer.png.99e4447700caf5307b39d435a09329c0.png

@Cardinal Richelieu....

giphy.gif

Thank you @Cardinal Richelieu I didn't see on the Honours list today, which knocked me back a bit, with all the hard work, spent hours, volunteering to have this Quiz League in the tip top, smooth operation that we all take for granted. :whistle

More importantly today, we have 4 great teams kicking shite out of each other for a piece of virtual glory.

Tap Bois League Playoff

@Audaces Fortuna Juvat v @The_Kincardine

Crap League Diddyoff

@blackislekillie v @Dyl

This weekend question; Queens Birthday Honours List 2017.  How many people?

Answers by PM, closing date Monday 06:00 Thai Time

Good Luck everyone!!!

Hope your are all seated, scores have been submitted.

The question was, Queens Birthday Honours List 2017.  How many people?

@Audaces Fortuna Juvat Probably 100's of celebrity c***s, if not 1000's, and a few odd ones who actually deserved it. I haven't got a Scooby, so let's say 900.

v

@The_Kincardine Hi Slips Not a Scooby so I'll for for 475.

&

@blackislekillie 746

v

@Dyl I think it's usually quite a lot so I'll say 1,100.

The correct answer is......https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/birthday-honours-lists-2017   

Congratulations to @Audaces Fortuna Juvat & @Dyl

See you'll  next weekend.