The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Iv said it before and I'll say it again. There should be some sort of penalty for those who post late. Hold off to see everyone else's scores then scoosh their way to the top/playoffs etc. More corrupt than fifa.

The P+B Quiz League and occasional Cup - serious business.

40 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I was slightly inebriated the last two nights so forgot all about it.  As a penance for my behaviour I will scratch from this weeks competition and take a demotion.

Have to many big earners on the books anyway.

Slightly????

I feel awful this morning, but it was a cracking night oot.

Right you two, get a room.
As it’s now summer 2018 the World Cup will shortly be upon us! The marketing team at NJ2 towers have come up with the idea of The P+B Quiz World Cup 2018 (naming rights are, of course, available. The finer details are still to be confirmed but at last count we had 33 contestants, would all be interested? I’ve ran this by our eminence and he’s keen so that’s 2. I think it may replace the league for 2 weeks if not the full duration so if folk want to just leave the World Cup and stick with our leagues I’m good with that - as it’ll be less work for me.
Im planning on being pretty drunk most, if not all weekend, so I’ll try and check back in throughout but most likely get an idea of numbers (maybe even a list!) on Monday.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

As it’s now summer 2018 the World Cup will shortly be upon us! The marketing team at NJ2 towers have come up with the idea of The P+B Quiz World Cup 2018 (naming rights are, of course, available. The finer details are still to be confirmed but at last count we had 33 contestants, would all be interested? I’ve ran this by our eminence and he’s keen so that’s 2. I think it may replace the league for 2 weeks if not the full duration so if folk want to just leave the World Cup and stick with our leagues I’m good with that - as it’ll be less work for me.
Im planning on being pretty drunk most, if not all weekend, so I’ll try and check back in throughout but most likely get an idea of numbers (maybe even a list!) on Monday.

I'd be up for that

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I'm in. Hope there won't be loads of questions on the Socceroos. Maybe have questions about the countries playing on the day, not necessarily football related?

I’m in and as many Socceroo questions as possible please.

It would be general knowledge. Thinking of using the usual oz questions for the group stages. Unfortunately I wouldn’t have time to write and mark specific World Cup quizzes but should be able to offer something different for after the groups anyway. Would probably try run it as close to the actual dates but keep it mon-fri so as not to deviate too far from the norm. Very open to suggestions etc. as well though.

The deadline has passed and after some technical hitches (didn't get up until almost 11 and reunderstanding QD) it's time to reveal the final league tables.

A close season all round as we head into the close season with 2 divisions decided on QD.

Premiership: Alang1993 won the title on QD from Peasy23. Going down are Tynieness and on QD Cardinal Richelieu with Dublin Magyar in the play-off. The DA escaping the play-off due to Tynieness's pishedness and honourableness.

SWL: pleslie99 wins in by 2 points from The_Kincardine with Aidan in the promotion play-off beating me on QD. German Jag and BWV swap places. At the  bottom Jacksgranda and Armadale Killie are down with blackislekillie in the play-off.

BHL: The winner is Slippery P on QD from The Captain. BigBo10 1 point behind but is in the play-off.

Prem.JPG

swl.JPG

bhl.JPG