The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

6 minutes ago, Eednud said:

This Superleague business will do me out of a parachute payment.

Well I'm diddling myself out of an SWL place. 

And there is a special place in Hell reserved for people who insist on quoting the entire league table just to post a single comment. 

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Here's your SUPERLEAGUE for Tuesday. And it doesn't make pretty viewing for fans of the Cardinal (if there are any). 

SUPERLEAGUE.thumb.png.ccbfa0b046060219b81f08b9f90d88e1.png

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well I'm diddling myself out of an SWL place. 

And there is a special place in Hell reserved for people who insist on quoting the entire league table just to post a single comment. 

Totally agree

5 for Wednesday.  Only knew the Stonehaven Cup for certain, and the other 4 were educated guesses or process-of-elimination answers.

This really is getting harder by the week.  Who the hell knows the states making up the UAE never mind the biggest of them? And two 'you have to live in Australia to have any chance' questions is two too many.

5 for Wednesday.  Only knew the Stonehaven Cup for certain, and the other 4 were educated guesses or process-of-elimination answers.
This really is getting harder by the week.  Who the hell knows the states making up the UAE never mind the biggest of them? And two 'you have to live in Australia to have any chance' questions is two too many.
Agreed, fucking 3!

27 minutes ago, The DA said:

That’s why I have given it a bodyswerve. 

Add my name to the growing list of people complaining that it’s getting tougher.

Knew 1, scored 1.

Quite impressed I got the Bolivia one wrong considering i’ve spent some time in each of the countries mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Easy.  Read the book which was shit, knew the palace as read it in a book, knew the stonehaven one, saw the cricket mob play and knew the number.

Weirdo!!

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Easy.  Read the book which was shit, knew the palace as read it in a book, knew the stonehaven one, saw the cricket mob play and knew the number.

Alright smart arse, fair enough.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

This really is getting harder by the week.  Who the hell knows the states making up the UAE never mind the biggest of them? 

<raises hand and smirks>

5/10.  Ah well, at least I got the Emirates question right.

5 minutes ago, Helpma said:

<raises hand and smirks>

5/10.  Ah well, at least I got the Emirates question right.

Just how does anyone know that kind of thing? I'm flummoxed.  Do you pore over maps of the middle east or have you been there on holiday?  Have you been watching Pointless?

I have to admit I have a vast general knowledge. Unfortunately it's all about 20 years out of date.