The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just awaiting scores from Alang1993 (I know I've done this joke before but we have a new audience ... I'm sure he'll just be alang in a second) ... Tynieness, The Captain and Armadalekillie. 

Unless I'm much mistaken (probably) we're missing another score for Friday. @Cardinal Richelieu seems be tardy in posting his score. Not that we're relegation rivals or anything

9 minutes ago, Leeds Saint said:

Unless I'm much mistaken (probably) we're missing another score for Friday. @Cardinal Richelieu seems be tardy in posting his score. Not that we're relegation rivals or anything

Much in the same way that Britain don't need to put the name of the country on its stamps cos we invented 'em. I'm not required to divulge my score. 

But in the interests of transparency and  fair-play, I will. I got a measly 7. Which means that blackislekillie and I are tied for the other relegation spot (assuming Frankie stays away this week and alang1993 posts a score before tomorrow lunchtime). Which leaves us in a bit of a quandary ... we could have a 3-way play off for the Premiership spot (between me, BIK and whoever is 3rd in the SWL) ... however, that's a bit shite on the 3rd place team since it reduces their odds of getting promotion. The only other way to do it would be for me and BIK to have a pre-play-off play-off. The winner of which would then take on 3rd in the SWL for a place in the Premiership. This would be fairest, but it's a bit of a faff, since we only really have 1.5 days to wrap up the play-offs before the new league starts. What's more .... I can't post the play-off question since I'm in it (and potentially the 2nd play-off question, assuming I'm triumphant in the first). 

And you lads thought it was just a question of firing numbers in a spreadsheet ... * hollow laugh * 

How about this... we have a play-off now between me and @blackislekillie ... do you fancy doing the honours Leedsy?

The contestants were obviously chomping at the bit.

First up BIK plumped for 123 mins

HE decided Honshu isn't that big! 94 mins

The fastest quoted time (via Osaka stations own website) is a nice round 150mins

@blackislekillie lives to fight another play off and our very own @Cardinal Richelieu returns with his tail between his legs to the SWL.

Here ends the scores of the Leeds jury, back to you in the studio.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Saint said:

The contestants were obviously chomping at the bit.

First up BIK plumped for 123 mins

HE decided Honshu isn't that big! 94 mins

The fastest quoted time (via Osaka stations own website) is a nice round 150mins

@blackislekillie lives to fight another play off and our very own @Cardinal Richelieu returns with his tail between his legs to the SWL.

Here ends the scores of the Leeds jury, back to you in the studio.

I can't help but blame you for this one Leedsy. If you hadn't forced my hand to declare my score, things might have transpired differently. 

Right. You've had yer chance. 

AFJ scoops his 3rd scoop. MSU is in second. Frankie fell on his sword, and all the Kings Horse's couldn't make me avoid relegation. BIK is in his 2nd play off this season. 

1-prem.png.8baf94783a8bd72acd51c4fb069e85c9.png

Edmund scoots back to the top-shop, edging out Salvo. Peasy23 is in the play-offs. Down in the nether regions... Dyl and SlipperyP are down, and Ross is in the play-offs.  Tynieness was probably too busy engaging in "extra-curricular activities" to post a score for Friday, despite me texting him twice. 

2-steal.png.04ebd7b058c72b5bfbedab874ff08348.png

gkneil romped the BHL. Ziggy and Sevesnape are equal 2nd. In the interests of fairness, I should have a separate play-off to decide who's in the play-off against Ross.. But in the interests of me having better things to do, it's not going to happen. So it's a 3 way play-off. 

3-beazer.png.97826ae746144579346c48a4b8cf54fd.png

In summary,  @blackislekillie vs @peasy23 and @Ross. vs @Ziggy vs @sevesnape ...

According to the highly accurate Wikipedia article I'm looking at, how many countries (including the Russians who are classed as "ANA") are competing at the Winter Olympics this year?

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right. You've had yer chance. 

AFJ scoops his 3rd scoop. MSU is in second. Frankie fell on his sword, and all the Kings Horse's couldn't make me avoid relegation. BIK is in his 2nd play off this season. 

You deserve it just for not knowing the plural of 'horse'.

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

no. I was referring to "couldn't make me avoid relegation" belonging to the horse.

Honest.

I'll leave the parsing of, " all the Kings Horse's couldn't make me avoid relegation" to the jury of the quiz thread but I don't see a happy outcome for you, bud.