The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

For those of you that haven’t read welshbairn’s post with links and still have problems accessing earlier quizzes the answer is staring you right in the face at the bottom of the answers page. So no excuse for not doing a quiz.

IMG_0433.jpg

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd just like to thank Bully Wee Villa for getting me in the mood by trying to understand what the f**k he was on about with his fucking brackets. Thank you.

I think he had a few left over from Christmas.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'd just like to thank Bully Wee Villa for getting me in the mood by trying to understand what the f**k he was on about with his fucking brackets. Thank you.

I admired BWV's post and brackets and credit to him for tackling a thorny issue and coming up with the wrong answer.  This is very much not P&B and I hope it never catches on.  Thus:

BWV: You made 5 posts.  One is shitey so we'll ignore it. The other 4 posts are to your credit.  Well done you.
Everyposter: You made 5 posts.  4 are reasonable but we'll gloss over them.  You made a rip-roaring c**t of yourself on the 5th post, though.  This is what we'll remember.

Algorithms versus invective.  Only on the quiz thread.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I admired BWV's post and brackets and credit to him for tackling a thorny issue and coming up with the wrong answer.  This is very much not P&B and I hope it never catches on.  Thus:

BWV: You made 5 posts.  One is shitey so we'll ignore it. The other 4 posts are to your credit.  Well done you.
Everyposter: You made 5 posts.  4 are reasonable but we'll gloss over them.  You made a rip-roaring c**t of yourself on the 5th post, though.  This is what we'll remember.

Algorithms versus invective.  Only on the quiz thread.

I think this is an ecumenical issue that will only be decided when the Cardinal introduces Bully Wee Villa's calculations into his fiendish Vatican computing machine. My own future prediction devices are for sale, by the way, and for a modest price.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think this is an ecumenical issue that will only be decided when the Cardinal introduces Bully Wee Villa's calculations into his fiendish Vatican computing machine. My own future prediction devices are for sale, by the way, and for a modest price.

Does his "fiendish Vatican computing machine" hail hail from a city to the south west of Spain?  Augers well for our scores if it does.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Does his "fiendish Vatican computing machine" hail hail from a city to the south west of Spain?  Augers well for our scores if it does.

Are you thinking of Seville? I have a friend who is employed as a Quantum Mechanic there, but I'm fairly sure he works independently from the Cardinal.

On 29/01/2018 at 14:54, Cardinal Richelieu said:

6 out of 10 which I'm happy with. 

The_Captain, Tynieness, AFJ and I are going to a pub quiz this evening. I'm sure we'll win. 

I'm also going to have a bellyful of beer, but happily I'm off work tomorrow!

If you find a decent pub quiz in Glasgow let me know.  Our team have been discussing coming through for an away fixture in the Weeg for a while.

3 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

If you find a decent pub quiz in Glasgow let me know.  Our team have been discussing coming through for an away fixture in the Weeg for a while.

Woof. Armageddon. There can be only one.

p9117_p_v8_aa.jpg

On 29/01/2018 at 23:18, Tynieness said:

Well chaps.  Your p&b team won the quiz.

giphy.gif.b11586ba0cdcc51a48844ad1c6c8af95.gif

Quizmaster : " who is the Cuban leader who has been in power since 1959?"

The Captain : " Fray Bentos"

Tynieness : " Aye I've heard of him"

Cardinal : "Chortle"

Quizmaster : " Next question, which famous person lives at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue?"

Cardinal : " I dunno, Dracula? "