The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

22 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And a one-time tag for any regulars who are still revelling, or those who have faded away over the last few months. 

@dee_62 

I think that must be a world record for the highest number of tags in a post. Woo. 

Still under the weather - can't be @rsed this week.  Will start in the lower reaches next week I think. 

Happy bl**dy New Year

2 hours ago, deej said:

Right, I'm back from the winter break having not played in a while, and I obviously can't be arsed reading everything to catch up - how is it now 40% less Australian and what quizzes do I do this week? 

I may have to change the thread title again. Originally, we were going to try out other quizzes. There were a few options on the table, but when it came down it, none of them were as reliable as the Australian quiz - warts and all. So at the moment, just take the Australian quizzes as normal - you can access the archive here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz-archive

Oh, and we're doing a SUPERLEAGUE to start off the year. 

Here's Wednesday's SUPERLEAGUE table. Could it be Dyl's year? Too early to say. 

superleague.thumb.png.19ad52c9133100608f5033d050acf840.png

It's too early to decide - and there are a few stragglers, but not quite sure whether to stick with the 12-12-x format given the dearth of teams that would drop into the lowest tier. 

8 for Wed. Knew 6, was able to hone in on the Glen Campbell /  Dean Martin song by a process of elimination, given a couple of the options were written by my one of my favourite songwriters, (though already had a strong hunch as I knew both had recorded it) and guessed TV series.

Got PM residence (have a feeling I’ve heard this, and got it wrong, before) and Aussie sport wrong.

Edited by Frankie S

Welcome DublinMagyar. Are you really Hungarian?
We're starting a new league on the 1st January where everyone will be on a level playing field... we're also ditching (at least for a trial basis) the Aussie Daily Quiz in favour of one a little closer to home). As well as a surfeit of questions on Aussie sport, politics and TV (understandable), the Australian loved to ask questions starting "On which Japanese island" ... the answer to which was nearly always Honshu. 
I'll be watching you!

6 for Thursday

2 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

I'll be watching you!

6 for Thursday

I've already apologised for that. As ever, if you stumble across a reliable and reasonably accurate daily quiz that lets you access its archives, then please let us know! We've all been searching for years and never found one that fits the bill. The Guardian used to have one (which is why I started this thread) but it's long since been mothballed. :(

b*****ding 4 for Thursday. That Roman numeral question was a bit odd (thought it meant in descending alphabetical order) and the less said about the Japanese island question the better. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu