The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Right, all the results of the league are in. No time for a big write-up...

Frankie nips WRK to the post. 

1-prem.png.3a0aea8dfdd8e9fe7563643214a8f16f.png

Alang returns to the top, with BIK comes 2nd thanks to our pre-play-off play-off. So it's me vs @peasy23 for his Premiership place. BigBo10 and Pleslie99 are down

2-steal.png.2206c13633fcae0447c391da4ec1f476.png

Dyl scoops his first title and up goes Supermik. The play-off is between @Bully Wee Villa and @Ross.

3-beazer.png.0f54286cb3b0d8826e25c6c97df1ffcc.png

So would someone mind posting (another) play-off question for me, peasy, BWV and Ross? 

And as I said, Round 2 of the Ride Her Haggard cup is a simple singles ... where everyone plays and the top 16 scores from each side are used. Apologies this quiz is a bit shite - and it doesn't have any nice pictures. And it's probably riddled with mistakes.... 

https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/431915/the-ride-her-haggard-cup-r2

Answers in by Tuesday (not Monday) lunch-time!

32 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Try this for a play-off question.

ManUre became the fifth team to win all three European trophies, (CL/European Cup, Europa League/UEFA Cup and the old Cup Winners Cup), but who were the other four, and no Googling.

So we have 4 guesses each? What happens if we get the same score? 

Another play off. I'm here all week.........................................

Enjoy the Enschede game - I couldn't face an other day on the sauce. My liver is still protesting and I am covered in mozzie bites and feel shaky, although I am now back on solid food. I am glad I agreed to work tomorrow, if only to keep me off the drink, and draw in a favour.

On 06/07/2017 at 17:44, BigBo10 said:

6/10 to maybe just maybe give me a chance of a second season in the SWL

9 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

5c4dd9ac2c75bf22e6f254b96e8abc4f.jpg

This has really thrown the cat among the pigeons. Rightly or wrongly, I assumed that your 6 out of 10 was for Friday (and I had scores for you for the rest of the week which is why I didn't notice). This is why I had you relegated and BWV in the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.ad00fe766c2f73997f11d76d93e7fe25.png

So what happens now?

1. Original result stands. BigBo should have noticed the league table was wrong... (controversial)
  2. Correct result stands. BigBo is in the play-offs, and BWV is relegated ... (controversial)
  3. Stick both teams in the play-off, along with Ross. Best team out the 3 gets the SWL spot... the other 2 teams go down to the BHL ... (controversial)

Anyway, to distract us from another monumental f**k-up, and before I head off to watch Scotland's finest take on The Netherland's finest, here's some results from the 2nd round of the Ride Her Haggard cup...

scraf.png

Scotland

• G_Man1985 - 9 
  • Supermik - 5
  • gkneil - 5
  • alang1993 - 9
  • BigBo10 - 4
  • pleslie99 - 10 
  • Dee_62 - 2

RoW

• Wilkinson1998 - 6
  • Jacksgranda - 3 (and an insult for the Cardinal)
  • Cowden0 - 8 (and a compliment for the Cardinal)
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvat - 9
  • Eednud - 3

Conclusion... everything can change, but I'd say Scotland are edging it at the moment...

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Who do I send my play off answer to?

AFJ. Although I think he said he was working today. Do you have any opinion over the ballsup I posted this morning. It affects you!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Made a c**t of the last quiz. 6/10 is the correct score not 9/10. I'm on holiday and was pished and the tables only being at Thursday confused me as I couldn't work out where the 6/10 I was sure I'd scored was. I done it again drunk to be safe and thought I'd see the questions before. Still couldn't get 10. I'll not do drunk again. Apologies for the confusion.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

AFJ. Although I think he said he was working today. Do you have any opinion over the ballsup I posted this morning. It affects you!

If I get promoted I'll be in a relegation fight.  I'm happy to disadvantage myself and make it a 3some for the play off, though given I am 100% certain I know the 4 answers I don't see how I can be disadvantaged unless the higher placed team gets an away goal in the event of a draw.

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Anyway, to distract us from another monumental f**k-up, and before I head off to watch Scotland's finest take on The Netherland's finest, here's some results from the 2nd round of the Ride Her Haggard cup...

Scotland

• G_Man1985 - 9 
  • Supermik - 5
  • gkneil - 5
  • alang1993 - 9
  • BigBo10 - 4
  • pleslie99 - 10 
  • Dee_62 - 2

RoW

• Wilkinson1998 - 6
  • Eednud - 3

Conclusion... everything can change, but I'd say Scotland are edging it at the moment...

I assume, as it's individual scores, there's no need to clog your inbox.  9/10 for me.  Had I scored 2 I'd have sent a PM ;)

Well, I'd be lying if I said I understood exactly what went on with BigBo's post, but as I understand it, he's fallen on his sword - so fair play to the lad. So it's as you were with the replay (I already made an arse of it by submitting 3 rather than 4 teams to AFJ. Doesn't really matter though, I know next to nothing about football. I only registered on a football forum to try and look hard). 

Update on the scores....

Scotland

• G_Man1985 - 9 
  • Supermik - 5
  • gkneil - 5
  • alang1993 - 9
  • BigBo10 - 4
  • pleslie99 - 10 
  • Dee_62 - 2
  • Livi Lion - 5
  • Dyl - 2

RoW

• Wilkinson1998 - 6
  • Eednud - 3
  • Leeds Saint - 7
  • Ross - 3
  • Welsh Bairn - 6
  • The_Kincardine - 9
  • Slippery P - 5

Conclusion: Some big teams yet to post but it's incredibly close. 

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, I'd be lying if I said I understood exactly what went on with BigBo's post, but as I understand it, he's fallen on his sword - so fair play to the lad. So it's as you were with the replay (I already made an arse of it by submitting 3 rather than 4 teams to AFJ. Doesn't really matter though, I know next to nothing about football. I only registered on a football forum to try and look hard). 

I submitted all 4, and having double checked after submitting I was correct that I knew all of them. Only knew for sure as the subject came up in work after Man U won the Europa League. I work with folk who support 3 out of the 5 sides who have done it and they were arguing over who had the better record.