The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Happy to report that you've dodged the play-offs BWV, so you can post this weekend's play-off question (but not yet)... I'm afraid I looked up the population of Indonesia so you'll have to get your thinking cap on for another one. 

In the Ride Her Haggard Cup, since a few people seem to be on their holidays etc... I was thinking of having a singles weekend... (no need to bring the johnnies, it's not like that) ... everyone posts a score, top 16 scores from each side are then used and divided down to make a score out of 9. Any objections?

Also, I could do with your help. I'm hosting another charity / quiz / games night in my work. To raise some money, I'm trying to think up a game that individuals can enter ... (£1/£2 a shot) and the winner gets £50 of Amazon vouchers. To raise as much money as possible, it needs to be something quick (i.e. takes around 30 seconds for the participant) and there can only be a single clear winner (e.g. performing a task the quickest or doing something the most in 30 seconds). For example, it could be one of those buzzer maze type things or hitting the most tennis balls into a bucket in 30 seconds (that bizarrely has been on BBC Breakfast News all week). 

Given that I don't have a buzzer maze or hundreds of tennis balls, can anyone think of a game that anyone can play (with or without a drink) that would raise a lot of money? Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Given that I don't have a buzzer maze or hundreds of tennis balls, can anyone think of a game that anyone can play (with or without a drink) that would raise a lot of money? Cheers!

How about "build a working buzzer maze from these common household items, in 30 seconds or less".  Kills two birds with the one stone.

Or there's the traditional coin toss, put the target on the floor and chuck pound coins at it - the nearest wins the prize, you snaffle all the rest.  Of course, if some bugger gets a Hugh Dallas right away you collect the sum total of hee-haw, but it's these uncertainties that make life worth living, innit?  Can raise a fair amount quite quickly, especially if there have been a few drinks before.

37 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Happy to report that you've dodged the play-offs BWV, so you can post this weekend's play-off question (but not yet)... I'm afraid I looked up the population of Indonesia so you'll

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Okay, how many times does the word "God" appear in the Bible? Including both Testaments (I think), King James version.

Sigh...

@Helpma... the only thing about playing jingles is that we're not playing a single game of "jingles" ... i want it to be a game that people keep playing over the course of the night ... say £1 per minute might bring in £300 for charity. And the winner over the entire night wins the £50 voucher. 

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You expect me to read a post properly at eight in the morning?

I chortled out loud at the "Including both testaments (I think)" ... that's the sort of fastidious fact-checking that we've come to expect from this thread. 

I'll let the question stand. I'm away to read the Bible (both testaments). 

Oops. Bully Wee Villa - I failed to do my sums properly and it would appear that you are in the play-off - so that's another good question gone to waste. For your question, I'd guess it was 3,805. Am I close? 

All the SWL scores are in, but we're still waiting on scores from AFJ, Gkneil, Jacksgranda, Swarley, Dee_62 and DHD... I think we'll have to resign ourselves to Arabdownunder not returning ... unless he's on a very slow boat from Oz. 

The deadline, like BWV's bible question, is a bit fuzzy. Getting the train back from our glamour friendly against FC Twente on Saturday evening, so whenever I roll in shall be the deadline. 

EDIT: And in the Ryder cup, can I check that the list of players + their team is correct....

SCOTLAND

1.    Alang1993
2.    BigBo10
3.    Blackislekillie
4.    Deej
5.    Dee_62
6.    Die Hard Doonhamer
7.    Dyl
8.    Frankie S
9.    gkneil
10.    Gman_1995
11.    irvine_buddie