The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

b*****d. Missed out by a point. I asked that as a tie-breaker a few months ago... maybe that's what AFJ is alluding to you

And you're staying in the SWL for this season, only cos I've already rejiggered it and I'll be buggered if I'm unrejiggering it. 

League tables will come tomorrow. Probably. I've just finished day 2 of a 3 day long training session run by the doppelganger of Vince McMahon. But it'll be over by tomorrow evening. 

I rarely have a clue what I'm alluding to.

7 / 10 for Wednesday including an Australian Prime Minister, miraculous.

That question irritated me. My eyes were drawn to the words "Prime Minister" and then to "Falklands War", and I felt a wave of confidence pass through me.

Then I noticed "of Australia" and started swearing.

The only match to go to extra time in the cup has been completed. I asked how many words are in the King James Bible. Cardi gave a huge clue that he asked the question a few months ago but unfortunately neither team can remember that far back. The answer is apparently 783,187.
AFJ got in early claiming he thought he had this question in a pub quiz recently. He thought it was in the high 20000's so went for 28000 and added 982 for good measure giving a total of 28982.
Tynieness plumped for a nice round 500000 and despite being over quarter of a million words out, tynieness goes into the hat for the quarter final draw.
Hard lines to AFJ as his cup score would have won any other tie but thats the way the cookie crumbles in the cup.
The quarter final draw was help under the usual script supervision and brought out the following ties. Quiz will be up on Friday.

Dyl v Helpma
SlipperyP v LiviLion
The Captain v Cowden0
Kincardine v Tynieness

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

The only match to go to extra time in the cup has been completed. I asked how many words are in the King James Bible. Cardi gave a huge clue that he asked the question a few months ago but unfortunately neither team can remember that far back. The answer is apparently 783,187.
AFJ got in early claiming he thought he had this question in a pub quiz recently. He thought it was in the high 20000's so went for 28000 and added 982 for good measure giving a total of 28982.
Tynieness plumped for a nice round 500000 and despite being over quarter of a million words out, tynieness goes into the hat for the quarter final draw.
Hard lines to AFJ as his cup score would have won any other tie but thats the way the cookie crumbles in the cup.
The quarter final draw was help under the usual script supervision and brought out the following ties. Quiz will be up on Friday.

Dyl v Helpma
SlipperyP v LiviLion
The Captain v Cowden0
Kincardine v Tynieness

Did I really put 20,000? I was thinking/meaning 200.000, but I'd still be out on my arse anyway.

I told my mother she was wasting her time when she used to make me go to Sunday School.