The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So I asked how many nations won a medal at the 2014 Olympics. The uninteresting answer was 26.

----
Here are the scores on the doors:
Eednud - 25
Helpma went for the scientific approach ("countries with ski slopes and / or ice rinks"). And his pish guess was 15. 
MSU - 30 
Dyl - 21
Scotfree - 25
Deej - 20
----
So Scotfree retains his place in the top shop, and MSU and Deej are down. 
In the SWL, Eednud is the champ as he was closer. 
And it didn't really matter what Dyl put, as Supermik didn't respond. However, the SWL is going to be 13 teams large for one season, as it's a bit unfair me relegating pleslie99 - especially since he's doing such sterling work in the cup. 

8/10 for Tuesday.  National Park and TV show scuppered me.  Did you know that Canada exports the most Christmas Trees in the world?  Canuck b*****ds cost me third place in the pub quiz tonight .....  that would have been free beer, that would!

So I asked how many nations won a medal at the 2014 Olympics. The uninteresting answer was 26.
----
Here are the scores on the doors:
Eednud - 25
Helpma went for the scientific approach ("countries with ski slopes and / or ice rinks"). And his pish guess was 15. 
MSU - 30 
Dyl - 21
Scotfree - 25
Deej - 20
----
So Scotfree retains his place in the top shop, and MSU and Deej are down. 
In the SWL, Eednud is the champ as he was closer. 
And it didn't really matter what Dyl put, as Supermik didn't respond. However, the SWL is going to be 13 teams large for one season, as it's a bit unfair me relegating pleslie99 - especially since he's doing such sterling work in the cup. 

I honestly don't mind going down. It's just prolonging the agony for another week anyway.

9 minutes ago, Helpma said:

8/10 for Tuesday.  National Park and TV show scuppered me.  Did you know that Canada exports the most Christmas Trees in the world?  Canuck b*****ds cost me third place in the pub quiz tonight .....  that would have been free beer, that would!

Biggest regret in my life was turning down a job joining a tramp steamer in Newfoundland to flog Christmas trees around the Caribbean. Just started a new job in London that I thought might be exciting. Fool.

So the 2nd round of the inaugural P&B Cedric Kipre's Xmas cup has been completed.

Dyl (4+2) v Alang1993 (6+3)

In the 1st match of the round dyl struggled to field a team, only getting it together with seconds to spare and his disjointed side could only manage 4 in the 1st half. The 2nd half was a low scoring affair from both sides with Alang 'shangalang' 1993 doing enough to progress to the 1/4 finals.

BWV (6+3) v SlipperyP (5+8)

A tight 1st half in this one saw BWV take a slender lead into half time. His boys thought they had done enough but SlipperyP got his tactics spot on and demolished BWV in the 2nd half, smashing home a staggering 8 goals to see his side into the quarters.

The captain (4+7) v Cardinal Richelieu (5+5)

Both teams were disappointed with their 1st half performances in this one. Cardi showing his experience and getting his nose in front at half time. The captain came out firing In the 2nd half and both went hard at it trying to secure the win. Cardi ran out of steam as the captain fired home a late winner to progress.

Kincardine (8+7) v Eednud (7+3)

Both sides knew this was going to be a tough match and the 1st half didn't disappoint. Kincardine firing home on the stroke of half-time to take a narrow lead into the break. Eednud knew he had to give it a go in the 2nd half and left spaces for kincardine to exploit and fire home a solid 7 in the 2nd half to go through with a bit to spare.

Tynieness (9+7) v AFJ (8+8)

The most highly anticipated match of the round didn't disappoint. Both sides traded blows right up to the final whistle. A classic cup tie. Tynieness won the 1st half but AFJ rallied to win the 2nd to force extra time.

Peasy23 (6+5) v Cowden0 (7+7)

Peasy23 knew this was going to be hard against the highest scorer from round 1. Cowden0 didn't disappoint his fans and even playing into a strong wind 2nd half won both halves to go through.

LiviLion (7+4) v Welshbairn (6+3)

Two sides giving it all to try make the quarters but there could only be one winner. LiviLion took the 1st half 7 to 6 and with welshbairn coming out to try get back into the match, LiviLion got his tactics spot on to advance.

Helpma (6+8) v Jacksgranda (5+2)

The weekends late kick off featured Jacksgranda who, after not knowing he was in the 2nd round, had sent some of his big hitters away on a training camp in the sun meaning he had to field his reserves. The youngsters fought valiantly in the 1st half but ran out of gas 2nd half as the experience of Helpma shone through.

So the extra time question for AFJ and tynieness.

How many words are there in the king James bible?

Answers by Thursday at 5pm please.