The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Haha I done that to see if it was working before posting it on here. Deliberately got one wrong to check both wrong and right answers showed up correctly, no half measures here, fully professional.

Aye well on that basis scrub the answers I PMd to you - I was just testing.  I got 100% on both quizes...

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 23:37, Helpma said:

I guess they fixed the Crimea answer, because it was the right one. Which is a pity, because being a smart ass I deliberately chose a wrong answer to try to sneak a point.  You played me like a damn fiddle, Cardinal!  I guessed the boy band though, so ... there's that, I guess.  7/10.

Odd, I remember doing Fridays quiz but my brain must have been so overdosed on egg coffee that it never got round to posting the results.  6/10 for that, and 7/10 for Thursdays.

On 30/11/2017 at 08:50, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Oh yes please. Maybe we could have it running over the Christmas period? I'm not away this Christmas so the league can continue as normal (if people want) but a wee Xmas quiz over a few weeks would be a welcome addition.

This isn't for the Hot 100 thingmy is it? If so, more questions on WWE wrestlers please!

It’s for a team competition called the Max Thomson Cup. Dedicated to one of my quiz team members who sadly passed away a few years ago (before I joined the team), which takes place this afternoon. Just finished it at 2.00 am this morning, A glaring lack of questions on WWE, now you mention it! 

18 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I can't guarantee I will check the league table at the end tbh lol so PM them would be easier.

Prob best not to check the league table tbh. I am not even bothering to PM my score.

If Johnnydun did Countdown;

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I can't guarantee I will check the league table at the end tbh lol so PM them would be easier.

I failed miserably with that quiz :lol:

Was hoping for some Christmas based questions as I've been checking the standard christmas pub quiz questions for the inevitable quizzes over the next month(that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :unsure2:)

League tables. Sorry. Forgot. 

1-prem.png.b5f9afaad66438e0f44665833863f722.png

2-stealer.png.3c41ac1c74182fc5b564c04b50baa09b.png

3-bhl.png.a6eb1acf9bfd084f736dafb0e3a67fa1.png

If you need me to tell you who's up and who's down, you shouldn't be in a quiz anyway :)

Play-off. Monday morning deadline. If you need to know the rules you shouldn't be in a quiz anyway. Peasy23 vs Captain + Ross vs SlipperyP

How many goals were scored in the 9 English FA cup matches this weekend? If you don't know the answer, you shouldn't be in a quiz anyway :)

Still waiting on a whole host of cup scores. If you are one of those who don't want to PM me your score and expect me to check the league tables on the site for your score, then at least have the decency to use the same name as on here otherwise I have no idea who it is!

Just realised I forgot to add the various trophies to the league tables. If you've got a problem with that, you shouldn't be taking part in a quiz anyway. 

Now to embark on my club's cup adventure...

Edit: Round 1. Was about to chuck the telly out the window after the first half. I won't reveal my score, but it rhymes with poor. Still, you redeemed yourself with the chortle question. Thank you :)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

3 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Up your game dafty.  I love coming second...

Chortle.

I bet you say that to all your lady friends. 

Dee Man upbraided me once for my use of chortle. I reckon it's a cracking word.. right up there with guffaw and arf. edit: and snort. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

24 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Is there a pyramid system in place here to get into the league

You get a trial week for Cardinal Richelieu to judge your scores. If he thinks you're shit, you're in; if you're good enough to win anything you get the banhammer.

Edited by LiviLion

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nope, just name this bird and you're in.

d21c9a3aea53936237d57dd5fb974ce8.jpg

P.S. I got 4, knew 1, 2 educated guesses and one fluke.

I name this bird .... Arbuthnot Pinkerwinkle the Third.

And a 7/10 for todays quiz.