The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

On today, the most solemn of solemn days, we take a moment to remember our fallen heroes (everyone, that is, except me - see the Poppy thread). And here in the quiz thread, it is no different. Here is a roll-call of past quizzers who sadly are no longer with us... * cue bugle music *

gbnf.png.4d02f60537a53ef9a0df9e02a20299a4.png

I especially miss Dee Man. He'd be the first to admit he was never going to trouble the top echelons of the league. However, due to a quirk of fate, he ended up Captaining the winning RotW team in the fondly-remembered Ride Her Haggard Cup that ran throughout the summer - he still sports his Captain's half-and-half scarf proudly to this day. 

maxresdefault.jpg

So that's the end of the first ever SUPERLEAGUE... and what a SUPERLEAGUE it was. 

When Audaces Fortuna Juvat was growing up on the mean streets of Belfast back in the Fifties, he could scarcely have dreamed that he would one day become the first ever Pie and Bovril SUPERLEAGUE World Champion. It all came down to the last kick of the ball, but Alang1993 couldn't match AFJ's score and instead achieves a very creditable 2nd place. 

At the moment, AFJ is probably on a flight to go and watch his team get tobler-owned in Switzerland, so I will send him a text to congratulate him on his momentous achievement. 

In other SUPERLEAGUE news, Leeds Saint missed out on a SWL spot on quiz difference. And WRK will be joining him in the BHL, having failed to post a score all week. 

superleague.thumb.png.3bccc3d755cbf0518ee675747d599965.png

Normal leagues will resume Monday, unless anyone dreams up any new wacky formats. 

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So that's the end of the first ever SUPERLEAGUE... and what a SUPERLEAGUE it was. 

When Audaces Fortuna Juvat was growing up on the mean streets of Belfast back in the Fifties, he could scarcely have dreamed that he would one day become the first ever Pie and Bovril SUPERLEAGUE World Champion. It all came down to the last kick of the ball, but Alang1993 couldn't match AFJ's score and instead achieves a very creditable 2nd place. 

At the moment, AFJ is probably on a flight to go and watch his team get tobler-owned in Switzerland, so I will send him a text to congratulate him on his momentous achievement. 

In other SUPERLEAGUE news, Leeds Saint missed out on a SWL spot on quiz difference. And WRK will be joining him in the BHL, having failed to post a score all week. 

superleague.thumb.png.3bccc3d755cbf0518ee675747d599965.png

Normal leagues will resume Monday, unless anyone dreams up any new wacky formats. 

I thought no trohpy was going to be handed out (Im my be wrong if AFJ has won the top league before). I would prefer he got a star next to his name, same as Copenhagen FC not the same as German 1938

12 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I thought no trohpy was going to be handed out (Im my be wrong if AFJ has won the top league before). I would prefer he got a star next to his name, same as Copenhagen FC not the same as German 1938

I did consider it, but then I thought - what with Norn Iron going to get their arse handed to them on Sunday - he could do with a bit of cheering up. 

But I shall leave it up to him whether he gets a star or a gold medal. (he can't have both though). 

18 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Chuffed to bits, over the moon, boys done  good etc, but "growing up in Fifties Belfast?"

How very dare you sir.

Don't forget we're 20 years behind the times over here...

7 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Chuffed to bits, over the moon, boys done  good etc, but "growing up in Fifties Belfast?"

How very dare you sir.

Is this you lifting your patter from the Catherine Tate Show? If so, you are plumbing new depths chief :)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

On 11/11/2017 at 13:10, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I did consider it, but then I thought - what with Norn Iron going to get their arse handed to them on Sunday - he could do with a bit of cheering up. 

But I shall leave it up to him whether he gets a star or a gold medal. (he can't have both though). 

I'd suggest this.

CmlogsKWcAANS2K.jpg