The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

48 minutes ago, deej said:

Are we changing the structure of the league mid season?? The power of becoming a mod has clearly gone to the Cardinals head

I was mod of this thread from day one big chief!

Just got back to work .. still hungover from my Prague do, I'm the wrong side of 40, pish weather, work piling up. Not in a good place. The only thing keeping me going is a one-off (or maybe once a year) MONSTERSUPERLEAGUE (was going to call it a spookerleague but that's too shite for words). 

And here's how it's going to work since I'm very busy this weekend. It will run for TWO weeks instead of one ... top 12 will go into the Premiership, next 12 into the SWL and the rest into the BHL. There will be no play-offs, except in the event of teams on the same QD  .. think of this as the NFL drafts or something else which is similar. 

If anyone is really unhappy with this development, feel free to form your own splinter league :)

logo1.png

p.s. Cowden0... there are meaningless games in every league ... I reckon it will be quite close.. and nobody will be quite sure which they're league (apart from the biggest and smallest scorers) until the last day. It's only a one-off anyway!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

This is the league big wigs taking its stance against the johnnydun team.

1) I get promoted for the first time in history, however this is covered up by not displaying the league table at all.

2) The tap boi @Cardinal Richelieu says I should not of been promoted in the first place.

3) League reconstructing comes in to force to keep the big guns happy. Prob to help some co efficient.

FARCE. 

DISGRACE.

WHITE WASH.

COVER UP.

Hello, and welcome to the first (and possibly last if anyone else moans about it) weekly fortnightly SUPERLEAGUE. 

From the look of it, the leagues look pretty much how they normally do - which either makes the whole exercise pointless or proves that it was worth doing (depending on how you look at it)

But look at the size of the table!!!!! Gadzooks, it's enormous. For the stattos amongst you, the league table is 937 pixels high. 

Might not have time to update this behemoth every day, but in the meantime, if you want to gave upon its splendour, bookmark page 1,099 of this thread. 

SUPERLEAGUE.thumb.png.5d2a24245da8e8c81a0dd0ebaed972c8.png

Btw I posted a score for Thursday last week in which I exposed CR's cheating. Not surprised to see it ignored by his cronies on here and find myself illegitimately relegated to the third. Just as well there's one big league this week or I'd be picking up the phone to Div again. 

Will post my terrible scores for this week ASAP 

9 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Btw I posted a score for Thursday last week in which I exposed CR's cheating. Not surprised to see it ignored by his cronies on here and find myself illegitimately relegated to the third. Just as well there's one big league this week or I'd be picking up the phone to Div again. 

Will post my terrible scores for this week ASAP 

Just cos you've never had higher than 8 in your life doesn't mean it's impossible for someone to get it 3 times in a week. And as I've already pointed out to you, if you get a shite score this week, you'd be relegated regardless - and if you get a decent score, then you would keep your place in the middle league. 

I'd nothing to do with last week's leagues mate. 

Maybe we should change the rules so that the person who moans the most in each week does the next week's league tables. 

44 minutes ago, madwullie said:

DNjAb_NWAAUkVWx.jpg

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=8063&sectionId=1

Twice this week now I've had to post the link. It's quarter to five, what are you all doing, working? How far has this once-proud forum fallen? For shame.

Anyway... knew one, scored four.

I don't think I need to worry about arranging a civic reception this week.