The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

6/10 for Friday, got nrs 2 - 6 correct, and nr 8. Knew singer and word, fairly sure of dictator and Vesuvius, correctly guessed instrument and play

Edited by Jacksgranda
Can't count

11 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

I hope you've reported Granpa Broons "present" to the compliance officer. What with that and multiple late posts we'll be facing a Paliamentary committee soon. emoji17.png

I don't think Cardinals have to bother much about Parliments. Roman Curia, on the other hand...

I've thought about your post pleslie99 but I still think a points deduction for being a day or two late is a bit harsh ... perhaps a better idea would be to reward those who post their answers in time, rather than those who don't? e.g. .1 of a point for posting your score on the day... it will never amount to more than 0.5 points a week but it would help you in a tie scenario.

Apologies if I've missed anyone, but here's the scores I'm missing...

• Prem: Pickled Herring and Alang 1993 (Friday) , WRK (4 days)
  • SWL: Wilky1878 (last 3 days)
  • BHL: BigBo10 (Friday), Deej (4 days), + Jagfox99, Irvine_buddie and Dee Man - don't think they're coming back 

Saturday lunchtime as usual lads. 

Btw, I'm away doing 12 hour shifts with work Mon-Wed next week, then flying off to Prague on Friday so might struggle to do league tables. Any takers for admin duties?

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've thought about your post pleslie99 but I still think a points deduction for being a day or two late is a bit harsh ... perhaps a better idea would be to reward those who post their answers in time, rather than those who don't? e.g. .1 of a point for posting your score on the day... it will never amount to more than 0.5 points a week but it would help you in a tie scenario.

I think that's very fair. The other online quiz leagues that I take part implement fairly draconian penalties for not posting answers on the day of the quiz. Admittedly they have a slightly different structure, five head to head matches over the course of a week, but not only don't you score any points at all if you don't submit on the day, you given a -1 point penalty for forfeiting your match. The relatively lenient structure here means I tend to prioritise it last of the three daily quizzes I do, but I agree it's slightly unfair on those who post their scores punctually every day for others to swan in at the end of the week with a batch of late results, so tightening things up a bit would be reasonable I'd say.

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Apologies if I've missed anyone, but here's the scores I'm missing...

• Prem: Pickled Herring and Alang 1993 (Friday) , WRK (4 days)
  • SWL: Wilky1878 (last 3 days)
  • BHL: BigBo10 (Friday), Deej (4 days), + Jagfox99, Irvine_buddie and Dee Man - don't think they're coming back

Sorry.  4 for Friday.

Many apologies for late posting chaps - as the Cardinal suggested, work gets in the way at times. To be more accurate, working with pcs which see IE8 as cutting edge means the quiz is illegible, so I've blasted through the remainder of the week this morning. Drum roll, please...

Tuesday 7

Wednesday 5

Thursday 6

Friday 5

I reckon I'm more likely to save someone from the drop rather than do any trophy snatching with that clutch of scores, to be honest...

Apologies for my tardiness. Been clearing out Madwullie's garage this afternoon (he helped) then am working all night :( ... no time for unfunny write-ups...

1-prem.png.717607a33dd30ccadcd2220d52f6f4a4.png

2-steal.png.7204cbc200131f685fda4217acf88201.png

3--bhl.png.fa11f79bd439f92788b0aa4900c60a62.png

So it's @WhiteRoseKillie vs @The Captain and @Eednud vs @Bully Wee Villa in the play-offs...

So the question.. in what year was I, sorry Cardinal Richelieu, consecrated as a bishop?

Answers in by 9am although I'll actually be driving all day, but I might be able to post winners. Alang1993 has very kindly offered to do the league tables next week! Huzzah.