The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I see a few folk are voicing their disquiet about people swooping in late in the week and seizing promotions from teams who log in regularly every day... I can see why it's annoying but I think the alternative is pretty unfair for people and will put a lot of people off doing the quiz if they are penalised for being late. Even some people who do log in daily are sometimes delayed by work or other commitments (for instance, quiz stalwart WRK hasn't posted since Monday)... 

However, we could introduce a new rule (11.2) that in the event of a tie - instead of QD (which is a bit unfair anyway).. the team who posted their week's scores first would be the victor. Of course, that might be a bit difficult for me to manage - last thing I want to do is re-trawl the thread to see who posted Friday's result first. Any ideas????

Anyway, might as well do the league tables now - despite there being 13 hours left of Thursday (or 25 hours if you happen to live on Baker Island or Howland Island) ...

Tynieness has a 1 point lead ... but could it be Pickled_Herring's season? (until WRK and Scotfree come back anyway!)

1-prem.png.00ba54832f186dfaf2f2d0ca19a1df0a.png

Helpma loses his grip slightly over MSU.. still all to play for top and bottom. 

2-steal.png.e918aaef544788ebbeba0e845d41b5cd.png

And not much to say about the BHL, other than I've got it sewn up. 

3--bhl.png.7e9f84e45b2637401f2b3ffddb463e7d.png

33 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I see a few folk are voicing their disquiet about people swooping in late in the week...

1-prem.png.00ba54832f186dfaf2f2d0ca19a1df0a.png

Not guilty m'lud. Have already posted my score (8) for Thursday (see above) :angel

Edited by Frankie S

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:

5/10 Thursday YE. Belated happy birthday BTW.

That sort of sycophancy doesn't get you any extra points, you know.

PS: Hope the present arrived safely, CR.

Personally I think any scores not in but the next days posted link should automatically have a penalty incurred. Maybe 1 point for the 1st time in a week, then 2, 3 etc for repeat offenders. so if all 5 scores get put in on a Friday a 5 point penalty would occur?

8 for Friday. Knew 5 and went for the right option on Microsoft logo, after having some difficulty visualising it. Wasn't sure about Shakespeare, but could eliminate a couple with reasonable confidence. Hans von Bulow may have been a lucky guess, or may have been a flicker of a distant memory. Got Aussie sport and novelist wrong.