The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

12 hours ago, Helpma said:

A magnificent 7/10 was scored.  However, this was several pints ago and in the middle of the pub quiz (in between rounds, no breaking of the 'phones away' rule here, straight as the day is long, mind you can;t believe those gits on the next table didn't give us the points for the first line of "Our House" as "Mother wears her Sunday best",  after all we gave them the points for "brother" even though the right answer was "father", hell they're all relatives aren't they, anyway (missed out on Roachford as well, I never seem to remember Roachford) where was I, oh yes, the P&B quiz, yes, 7/10 but cant remember any of the questions never mind which ones I got wrong at this moment, maybe I can revisit it tomorrow, I do remember being pleased with 7 which probably means that at least 5 were guesses.

We did win the quiz though.  Close run thing tonight, but triumphant in the end.  Yay for music of the 80's (excluding Roachford).

Whatever happened to him anyway? (Roachford, not Helpma) ... anyway, this clip might help implant Roachford more firmly...

Apologies for the lack of league tables. Yesterday was a big day in the life of a Richelieu, where I gained two personal bests - number of warnings handed out in one day (three) AND number of whole years lived on this planet (40). I'll get the league tables posted at lunchtime, but in the meantime, apart from the usual absentees, I'm missing AFJ's score from Monday, and alang1993's Monday and Tuesday scores. 

12 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Whatever happened to him anyway? (Roachford, not Helpma) ... anyway, this clip might help implant Roachford more firmly...

Apologies for the lack of league tables. Yesterday was a big day in the life of a Richelieu, where I gained two personal bests - number of warnings handed out in one day (three) AND number of whole years lived on this planet (40). I'll get the league tables posted at lunchtime, but in the meantime, apart from the usual absentees, I'm missing AFJ's score from Monday, and alang1993's Monday and Tuesday scores. 

Happy birthday old chap.

And lets start deducting points from the late comers unless they have an excuse the panel are happy with.

4/10 for Tuesday. Managed to get the book series and Star Trek to a 50/50 and got them right. Changed my mind on one too and would have been right if I never changed it. 

4/10 for Wednesday, only knew the Grand Prix and guessed the rest. 

Cheers for the good wishes fellas. Twas a long day - despite not one drop of alcohol passing my lips - all except someone dumping half a ton of glitter on my desk and work laptop. 

Anyway, as a special treat, I'm putting the league tables up in reverse order... mainly cos I'm at the top! Managed to get the F1 question wrong yesterday, but guessed all the silly Aussie and TV questions. madwullie is in 2nd place - proving that life does indeed begin at 40. 

3--bhl.png.afa8c8788396ad707fc4123ffac02621.png

In the SWL, Helpma - buoyed by his pub quiz victory yesterday - is leading on QD from Leeds Saint. Wilky1878 and pleslie99 are "having a mare"... as is Eednud who is in danger of getting back-to-back demotions. 

2-steal.png.c247fed53dbf18ff92f92479cc439105.png

And in the top-shop, it's Frankie S back to winning form after a period of absence, with Tynieness sniffing about in 2nd. Not much point discussing relegation places at this stage. 

1-prem.png.39c39b5c097ac2eaf05553a502ac8cab.png