The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Late entry here - apologies, all.
Tuesday to Friday: six, six, eight, five.

I'm sure his Eminence has a little known rule that you cannot submit four day's scores at the same time if they exceed mine :whistle

31 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I'm sure his Eminence has a little known rule that you cannot submit four day's scores at the same time if they exceed mine :whistle

Wouldn't worry about it. He's relegated anyway :lol:

In the Premiership, we have a tie for 1st place between WillieA and Cowden0. So they can answer the tie-break. WRK couldn't recover from his terrible start to the season and down he goes with Leeds Saint. 

1-prem.png.f1ce4e5967de53ea799593ec098a93f1.png

Jagfox "I'm no playing, oh actually I am" 99 tops the SWL, with Helpma edging gkneil on GD. Down goes Supermik and Bully Wee Villa to their spiritual homes. BIK is in the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.0a0fdf866fd43d837469371fe1b304d3.png

But plenty of controversy in the BHL, with 2 latecomers rocketing to 1st and 3rd . Well done to Wilky who picks up his first gong, pleslie99 is up and deej is in the play-offs.

3-beazer.png.de96e157f9bd71adbd3fba211ea9f2e7.png

Play-offs, therefore, are between  @cowden0 and @WILLIEA, @alang1993 and @gkneil, and @deej and @blackislekillie

The question to be answered by PM by Monday 9am is.... in what year was Desert Island Discs first broadcast? Better give me a date as well in case of a tie. So on what date was Desert Islands Disc broadcast?

Think it's important to share with p and b the dark secrets of your very own " beloved " Global Moderator Tynieness. Look at the nick of this twat this morning . Dressed in his wives dancing pumps and his mothers best knee hose.  The complete ensemble resembles something straight out of central casting.  To paraphrase Larry Grayson " ooh what a gay day ".... 

Ps the captain when he stopped pissing himself laughing held on for a draw one set each.

traddles.jpg

New season http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7833&sectionId=1 but the same old shite scoring - 3 out of 10 for Monday.

An absolutely brutal set of questions.  I got Dr Who, the Olympics and Kenneally right.  Looking at the other questions, the only one I'm ashamed of getting wrong was the Costa Rica question.

A return to my roots in the bottom league beckons.

....................and here are the results of this month's cup quarter final ties,. I've checked and double checked, but no scores from two of the bookie's hot tips for cup glory, cowdenO and White Rose Killie.

WRK v FrankieS (7+6)

As always Frankie is either top or very near the top when the scores are revealed, but WRK didn't even post a score, so FrankieS makes progress. It would have taken perfection to beat him.

CowdenO v Welshbairn (4+3)

Ex-League champion CowdenO transfers his prowess to the Cup and then checks out at the quarter final stages, meaning Welshbairn is in this week's semi finals.

The Kincardine  (5+5) v Tynieness (5+6)

Superb all round consistency from the artiste formerly known as Pickled Herring, but Tynieness just edges him out in this epic pulsating, (ooh er missus), match thanks to a last minute screamer from outside the box.

BIK (5+1) v Eednud (6+7)

Eednud must have been wondering if he could keep up the momentum at half-time as BIK was pushing him all the way, but a couple of early sendings off in the second saw Eednud ease home as he ran in a big score. Commiserations to BIK and congratulations to Eednud on the joint highest score of the day.

So, Tynieness (dressed like a gimp or not?), FrankieS, Welshbairn and Eednud are the last four standing. However, I am off to Norwayshire this weekend but I'll try and sort things before I go. If not, then I'll e-mail the quiz to his Holy Eminence before I go.

14 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

CowdenO v Welshbairn (4+3)

Ex-League champion CowdenO transfers his prowess to the Cup and then checks out at the quarter final stages, meaning Welshbairn is in this week's semi finals.

Pretty sure @cowden0 posted under his user name on the quiz site and scored 100% on one of them at least. Maybe he didn't know he was supposed to pm them to you as well. Happy to concede if he confirms this.