The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

9/10 but I'm claiming a moral 10. Got the Louis right, but wrong. QM is generally right, unless he's patently wrong, which is the case here. Had a strong feeling on Aussie sport for a change, I sincerely hope it was luck and not knowledge that helped me to the correct answer here. My consistent ignorance of Aussie sport has always been a reassurance in an ever-changing world. Guessed Aussie politics. Knew the other 7.

Slightly bemused as to how the information that the right answer is 'wrong' should lead to quite so many correct guesses as to which of the 3 wrong answers is 'right' though :lol:

Edited by Frankie S

8 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

9/10 but I'm claiming a moral 10. Got the Louis right, but wrong. QM is generally right, unless he's patently wrong, which is the case here. Had a strong feeling on Aussie sport for a change, I sincerely hope it was luck and not knowledge that helped me to the correct answer here. My consistent ignorance of Aussie sport has always been a reassurance in an ever-changing world. Guessed Aussie politics. Knew the other 7.

Slightly bemused as to how the information that the right answer is 'wrong' should lead to quite so many correct guesses as to which of the 3 wrong answers is 'right' though :lol:

Aye, strange that. Proud to say I got the wrong/correct answer through complete ignorance. I thought he was the last one.

Another 6 /10 for Wednesday ensures  a steady midtable position. Safe in my own mediocrity , thus unlikely to cause offence and actually win anything.... Despite Louis promptings still contrived to get it wrong. Frenchies are cheese eating surrender monkeys - or was that the Italians??

4 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Another 6 /10 for Wednesday ensures  a steady midtable position. Safe in my own mediocrity , thus unlikely to cause offence and actually win anything.... Despite Louis promptings still contrived to get it wrong. Frenchies are cheese eating surrender monkeys - or was that the Italians??

Salami eating surrender monkeys.

Wooooooooooooo. 9 out of 10. Got the Aussie sport one wrong, but as Frankie alluded to, the Aussie politico was sort-of guessable.  (EDIT: He never said anything of the sort - what a dumpling I am). Still. 9 (neuf). 

As for the French one.. thanks DA. I'm guessing people were drawn to that one cos apart from the other one, that's the only one people have heard of (said the Cardinal cryptically). 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Wooooooooooooo. 9 out of 10. Got the Aussie sport one wrong, but as Frankie alluded to, the Aussie politico was sort-of guessable.  (EDIT: He never said anything of the sort - what a dumpling I am). Still. 9 (neuf). 

As for the French one.. thanks DA. I'm guessing people were drawn to that one cos apart from the other one, that's the only one people have heard of (said the Cardinal cryptically). 

C'mon, Cardinal.  Do the right thing and strip the titl... points from all these b*****ds (and that includes you) who admitted to being influenced by my naivety in posting a warning.  These points were won off the back of an unfair and unsporting advantage.  Let's call it what it is - it was cheating.

If Scottish football forums are to hold their heads up in future, there must be an investigation.  We need to learn from this before we all move on.

Of course, I may just play a double-bluff before the end of the week and claim the quiz master got a question wrong when they didn't.  I'll wait until tomorrow to see how close I am to relegation first.