The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So in the play-off, I asked how many MEPs there are. The answer on my card was 751...

In the Premiership play-off, Jagfox went for a round 750 and Eednud went for a jumbo 747. Incredible scenes at Firhill, but Jagfox goes through by a fox's whisker. 

In the SWL play-off, The great-escape artist The Captain plumped for 612 and founding league member Gman_1985 went for 617. An other incredibly close encounter, but it's Gman who is promoted at the expense of the Captain!

And in the cup, I'm still waiting on your answers @WhiteRoseKillie ...

In the league, actually knew 6 of them and narrowed another 2 down to 50/50 ... of course, I still ended up with 6. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

So here's the answers to the EtADDJJT final....

Round 1

1.  Which metal shares its name with the lowest portion of the front wall of a squash court? Tin. 
2.  The syrup grenadine, a common cocktail ingredient, is traditionally based on which fruit? Pomegranate
3. The Shard is built on top of which London railway terminus? London Bridge
4. Which country’s president was awarded the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize? Colombia.

Set of 3 - Moons
5. The vast majority of which planet’s moons are named after Shakespeare characters? Uranus 
6. What term can refer to a second full moon in a calendar month? Blue moon
7. What agriculturally-inspired term describes those moons whose gravity confines Saturn’s rings? Shepherd's moon

Set of 3 - Archvillains’ first names
8. What forename did Conan Doyle ascribe to Professor Moriarty? James.
9. What was the forename of Scaramanga, The Man with the Golden Gun? Francicsco (accepted Frank)
10. As what is the Batman supervillain Oswald Cobblepot more usually known? Penguin

Round 2
1. Which country do the band The Gypsy Kings hail from? France
2. Nicole of “Nicola and Papa” fame appeared in which film based on the exploits of Jack the Ripper? From Hell
3. Who originally wrote ‘The female of the species is more deadly than the male’? Rudyard Kipling - not Space!!
4. Which country has won the FIFA Women’s World Cup three times? USA

Set of 3 - Criminal Records - Who recorded the following from Channel 4’s list of 100 worst records ever?
5. Touch Me (I want your body) ? Sam(antha) Fox.
6. Saturday Night? Whigfield.
7. No Limit? 2 Unlimited 

Set of 3 - Famous Quotes – Who said them?
8. The trouble with Freud is that he never played the Glasgow Empire, Saturday night? Ken Dodd.
9. War is hell? General Sherman
10. A man is only as old as the woman he feels? Groucho Marx

And now for the scores. Scotfree "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" posted a very respectable 13 (and also told me that his neighbour laughed like a Penguin).. but WRK was the resounding winner with 18 so he wins the EtADDJJT for July!

Well done WRK - you can pick a trophy from this selection if you like: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=trophy&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwihx8OkidvUAhVmBMAKHRkyC-4Q_AUICigB&biw=1745&bih=885

Should've been a magnificent 7, turned out to be a meh 5/10.  First 4 and the car manufacturer all right (knew them all)  changed my mind on the sauce and, in my haste, despite all the warnings, I didn't read the last one right either.

Izzy Whizzy, let's get quizzy, 

The day is Tuesday, the quiz is Ozzie.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7143&sectionId=1

After knowing 6 and getting 6 yesterday, my heart sank as I guessed the first 7 ... thankfully, I knew the last 3 and managed to guess another 4 - so a sexy 7 for Old Cardy.