The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well the rest of the country might be in the grips of election fever, but here in the P+B Quiz League, we have selection fever. Natural selection that is, where the best quizzers naturally graduate to the upper echelons, whereas the teams who don't keep up-to-date with their Japanese Islands and "books you've never heard of written by people you've never heard of" naturally sink to the bottom. 

In the Premiership, MSU claims his 2nd league title on the trot. AFJ scoops a creditable 2nd, but is destined to very much be the bridesmaid and not the bride. Meanwhile, Arabdownunder goes back down under and is joined by pleslie99 .. and Peasy23 is in yet another playoff.

1-prem.png.7eb9785267e3718872b7a38c7bd12ce3.png

Bookies favourite WRK has bounced straight back to the top league with a massive 7 point margin, joined by Jagfox. Tynieness nips Leeds Saint for the play-off. Downstairs, SlipperyP's late charge isn't enough to avoid relegation alongside Dyl... Wilkinson's last day 8 puts him in the play-off. 

2-steal.png.124e405cfc86cee96a38e109beed23b6.png

And in the BHL, BigBo10 and Welshbairn are promoted automatically. I hibsed it on the last day of the season, but I'm still as happy as a dog with two dicks to see BWV in the playoffs for what very well might be the first time ever. 

3-bhl.png.572c482e8f2da1fe8587c9d442e2c865.png

So the play off question for @peasy23 vs @Tynieness and @Wilkinson1998 vs @Bully Wee Villa

And of course, it will be on politics. What is the highest number of votes cast for the Monster Raving Looney Party in either a general election or by-election for Westminster? 

PM me your answers by Monday morning please!

Cup rounds much more to my liking this time. 6 and 6, and I talked myself out of the fast food and car questions.  Pity I didn't make it past the first round, really.

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In the Premiership, MSU claims his 2nd league title on the trot. AFJ scoops a creditable 2nd, but is destined to very much be the bridesmaid and not the bride. Meanwhile, Arabdownunder goes back down under and is joined by pleslie99 .. and Peasy23 is in yet another playoff.

1-prem.png.7eb9785267e3718872b7a38c7bd12ce3.png

Haud the bus.  My 11th hour power-sharing agreement with @Jacksgrandameans we have a combined and unassailable 51 points and nix to anyone who tries to do the same.  Give us a few minutes days weeks months to decide on whose ribbons should be on the trophy.

Hold the cunting page. 

Newcomers to the thread might be aghast to hear that mistakes are made from time to time. 

Just realised that @welshbairn and @Bully Wee Villa are bang equal on points. 

Welshbairn... a thousand apologies but you're in the play-off too. Get answering. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

31 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Hold the cunting page. 

Newcomers to the thread might be aghast to hear that mistakes are made from time to time. 

Just realised that @welshbairn and @Bully Wee Villa are bang equal on points. 

Welshbairn... a thousand apologies but you're in the play-off too. Get answering. 

Can I play? You've placed me in 11th however on the right left of my name you have me as 10th:whistle

Edited by SlipperyP
I don't know my arse from elbow

Right. In the play-offs, it was Peasy vs Tynieness and Wilkinson vs BWV vs Welshbairn....

The highest number of votes cast for the Monster Raving Looney Party was 1,114 back in 1994 (they narrowly lost their deposit). 

• Peasy23 went for 3,170 votes and Tynieness 1,314 ... so congrats to Tynieness who has bounced back to the Premiership.
  • And in the race for the SWL, Welshbairn plumped for 4,000, Bully Wee Villa 6,853 and Wilkinson ("I've got no fucking idea") was closest with 1,000. That means that Welshbairn is promoted, Wilkinson keeps his spot and BWV can tell his grandkids about the time he nearly got promoted. 

Right. In the play-offs, it was Peasy vs Tynieness and Wilkinson vs BWV vs Welshbairn....
The highest number of votes cast for the Monster Raving Looney Party was 1,114 back in 1994 (they narrowly lost their deposit). 
  • Peasy23 went for 3,170 votes and Tynieness 1,314 ... so congrats to Tynieness who has bounced back to the Premiership.
  • And in the race for the SWL, Welshbairn plumped for 4,000, Bully Wee Villa 6,853 and Wilkinson ("I've got no fucking idea") was closest with 1,000. That means that Welshbairn is promoted, Wilkinson keeps his spot and BWV can tell his grandkids about the time he nearly got promoted. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]two playoffs, two random answers, two playoff victories. #winning.