The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

5 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Guessed left right and centre today, only being confident on three or four. Guessometer up to the task for a change, only letting me down on pseudonym and GG. A pleasing eight.

Glad to see the Legend's natural flair kicking back in.

12 hours ago, Frankie S said:

710 for Wed. Knew 5. Guessed TV show and resort. Went the wrong way on a 50/50 on musical pseudonym and got dollar and governor-general wrong.

Surely a record high score?

3/10 for me. If they could start asking more questions which I know the answers to, that would be great.

Some nice prompt kick-off times in the cup. All the results are in... and they are even better than the previous round. You guys are getting too good at this...

In the first semi, Frankie managed to bang home 6 goals in the first half, and another 6 which he must have thought would be enough. But alas no, Alang1993 equalled his tally in the first half, and then bettered it in the 2nd with a perfect 7. Interviewed after the match, Alang attributed his success to being unemployed. I don't remember my quiz scores improving during my time "between jobs" but I'd be up for trying it again. 

Frankie S (6+6) - 12 - 13 (6+7) Alang1993

In the other semi, we couldn't separate them, with both sides banging home 6 goals in each half. Eednud said his team's performance was "very pleasing", but MSU was more tight-lipped, eschewing the press-conference and leaping into a waiting car and getting whisked away, leaving hundreds of adoring fans clutching autograph books clearly disappointed. 

Eednud 12 (6+6)  - 12 (6+6) MSU

So a penalty-shoot out is required.... just to mix things up a bit - let's try a Sporcle quiz (let me know if you can't use Sporcle and I'll post a more traditional tie-breaker) .

So please PM me your score for the following quiz (with a screenshot if you like)... and it's on everyone's favourite topic - the Top 10 Trading Partners of Kyrgyzstan! If you haven't been keeping up-to-speed with the imports and exports of ex-Russian republics, just type lots of countries in the text box and hope for the best. I managed to get 16/20 which I'm quite pleased with...

https://www.sporcle.com/games/pecheneg/trading-partners-of-kyrgyzstan

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

So let's take a look at Wednesday's Betty Grables. 

Not much change at the top of the table or indeed the bottom. How dull. I might rename it the Premiershit.

1-prem.png.71757b26bbb41829841e66d70d15568b.png

Tynieness has put his cock away but he's still the dominant force in the SWL. Blackislekillie is on some pretty poor form and Jagfox99 seems to be MIA. 

2-steal.png.74d51f629757213111cebe72bea6f34c.png

And not much to say about the BHL either, other than I seem to have inveigled my way into the play-offs by virtue of NQD (New Quiz Difference). Stattos amongst you might notice that if you hadn't made me change the rules, I'd be in 4th place. So cheers guys :)

3-bhl.png.b6a96c98c2432d3069ab0bf91ca0e9b6.png

Been given the world's most boring job to do, so to prevaricate for 5 minutes, decided to fire up tomorrow's quiz. 

First question .. a question on Masterchef Australia. Sigh. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6913&sectionId=1

3 out of 10. Knew 0. Still, at least I got the Masterchef question right :lol: