The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So the cup replays ... Eednud vs Helpma and MSU vs Leeds Saint... I asked how many questions are in the Greek National Anthem? My reliable source (Wikipedia) states there are 158 verses. 

Helpma started off his message with "There are 86 verses in the Greek National anthem.  Your reference may say there are even more" ... whichi worried me as he sounded like knew what he was talking about ... thankfuly he continued with "but I assure you they've been selling them off to raise some money.  Or perhaps adding some in for additional sponsorship.  Whatever, I guarantee my answer is the up to date, spot on correctamundo one, no matter what anyone else says"... 

Sadly, while he gets 10/10 for bluster, he failed to get as close as Eednud ... who, whilst wiping a tear away from his nostalgic eye, reminisced "Reminds me of Dundee United v Barcelona in Fairs Cup in 1966 on a cold November night the record United played was the long version that went on and on and on and in the days before players wearing tights and gloves and shirts under shirts the Barcelona players tots and more were frozen off. Might be a good ploy for any Scottish club drawn against a Greek side on a dreich night to play the whole lot so the Hellenic warriors are frozen and or soaked. Problem is not enough Scots in Scottish teams so no advantage. "

Anyway, Helpma went for 86 and Eednud 164... so Eednud is through to the semis!

No pissing about in the other semi final. Leeds Saint went for a "stab in the dark" with 8, whereas MSU plumped for 12. Well done to MSU who goes through.

No league table. I'm in a huff again for getting the lowest score in the league.

A middling 5/10 to start the week. The only pleasure I took was thinking of antipodeans scratching their heads at the snooker question and cursing the compiler.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So the cup replays ... Eednud vs Helpma and MSU vs Leeds Saint... I asked how many questions are in the Greek National Anthem? My reliable source (Wikipedia) states there are 158 verses. 

No pissing about in the other semi final. Leeds Saint went for a "stab in the dark" with 8, whereas MSU plumped for 12. Well done to MSU who goes through.

No league table. I'm in a huff again for getting the lowest score in the league.

Excellent -- so I got through by being within 146 of the correct answer.

Commiserations to Leeds Saint. 8 was my initial guess but the wording of the question made me think the answer would be unusually high -- which in a way was right -- so I bumped it up by 50%,